¤Chapter 6

Haeyoon and Dahee alighted the bus when they reached the downtown market

Haeyoon and Dahee alighted the bus when they reached the downtown market. The ride had taken about thirty minutes. The market was located near the outskirt of the city, so it was kind of isolated. It was very big and spread over a large area with various types of shops selling a variety of stuff ranging from food to clothing to home decor and much more.

Donghyuck parked his car at some distance from the market. He and Renjun followed the girls inside, careful not to lose them from sight, which was a difficult task considering the market size. They nearly lost the girls many times but thanks to their bright-colored clothing, they were able to locate them easily.

The girls took their time shopping for several items. Dahee had gotten ingredients for the night's dinner while Haeyoon bought a hand-crafted pochette and some scented candles for Mrs. Jeon in the flavors she loved. She also got a purple chrysanthemum and lilies bouquet as a thank-you gift.

"Watch it," Renjun said glaring at a man who had bumped into him while walking. Donghyuck put a hand on his shoulder to signal him to calm down.

Although the girls had to shop for multiple things, they never once left each other's side. Both of them walked through the market streets hand in hand the whole time, which was beginning to frustrate Renjun.

"These girls are fucking conjoint," he exclaimed as he watched the girls enter a jewelry shop.

"I know but this is our only recourse," Donghyuck said. "We will have to wait, Renjun."

Renjun sighed, annoyed as the girls emerged from the jewelry shop. It was already past noon and the girls seemed to have skipped lunch after a brunch at the cafe earlier. Donghyuck and Renjun had no appetite either being too focused on getting the rosette. The boys began following them again as the girls advanced towards another store. But just as they were about to enter, Dahee got a call, which she picked up. On ending it, she turned to Haeyoon and told her something. Haeyoon gave her the bouquet and motioned her to go. Dahee turned in the direction Renjun and Donghyuck were standing and began walking where the exit was. Both of the boys quickly engaged themselves in a conversation pretending to look busy.

"Isn't it a lovely day today?" Donghyuck asked.

"Very," Renjun replied. "Do you want to get ice cream?"

"Sure, let's go," Donghyuck said looking around for ice-cream shops.

Dahee looked at them questionably but continued on her path regardless. "That was a close one," Renjun breathed out.

"Wait! This means that the rosette is alone. Come quick," Donghyuck said as he began to pull Renjun where Haeyoon was, only to find out that she had already moved on to another stall. She began looking around without noticing the two Azurites who were following her closely.

They couldn't strike just yet as the market began to get crowded with the approaching evening. Many people had started to swarm in. The vendors had turned on the lights and there was lots of hustle and bustle around. There was a high risk of getting caught amidst the chaos.