¤Chapter 20

Darkness had engulfed the girl who was now awake

Seohyun was surrounded by darkness although she was 27 more than 100 percent sure that she had opened her eyes after the long, comforting slumber.

However, the cause for the sudden blackout in front of her eyes was still unknown to her. But first, Seohyun sat upright and then moved her arm to feel the dark silk fabric wrapped around her head, covering her eyes, and restricting her vision.

"NO! Don't remove it," she heard someone yell, although they seemed to be right beside her, as she began untying the cloth.

That someone was Chenle. He was up earlier than the girl to surprise her with a piece of news that he had received from their medic, the previous night and was waiting for the girl to wake up.

"What is it for, Lele?" Asked Seohyun, who jolted at the loud yelp.

"You'll get to know it all in good time. But first," he gently held her hand to assist her in standing up.
"You're coming with me."

"But at least tell me where are we going?" Inquired Seohyun as she let herself get dragged by the boy.

"Careful, mind the step," he didn't answer her question, purposefully dodging it under the pretext of warning her about the staircase.

Heeding the warning, Seohyun stepped on the stairs without tripping over, gripping the railing on one side and Chenle's hand on the other. It seemed that they had reached the floor Chenle wanted them to as he came to a stop somewhere.

Chenle quickly opened the door and pushed the still-confused girl inside. He only spoke up after enclosing Seohyun in the room. Mind you, he didn't lock it, only shut it after making sure that Seohyun was away from the range of the door.

"You can remove the band now," he said from outside, startling Seohyun.

Nonetheless, she followed the command and untied the smooth, silk cloth. For the initial few seconds, the world was still dark for her. After constantly blinking for a while, light slowly invaded her vision as things began to get less blurry and more clearer as her pupils adjusted to the light and perceived things better.

Seohyun looked around the unfamiliar room. It looked decently decorated from the interior with a king-sized bed in the centre with pastel-coloured sheets and pillow covers, a simple lamp hanging by the bed, a window on the right and a cupboard on the left.

"Do you see another door beside this one?"

Chenle's voice reached her ears as she turned back to the door where she had originally come from. Confused, Seohyun still formed a reply for the boy after locating the said door in the room.

"Uh...yes?"

"Good," said Chenle from outside.
"That's the bathroom. Go and freshen up. There are clothes in the closet. I'll be waiting outside. Tell me when you are done." Chenle gave many commands at once.