¤PROLOGUE

December 5, 2005

December 5, 2005

The chilly wind blew around the house that would make every living being shiver to their bones. However, this tiny family was tightly packed by the warmth of the heaters to be affected by the cold outside.

Muffled giggles of the little girl could be heard as her older brother continued tickle her until she told him where she had hid his favorite snack. He chased her around the house, chortling himself unable to control himself from his sister's contagious laughter.

Their mom was unpacking in her room downstairs while their dad cooked dinner for them after the long road trip to their vacation villa. The family had gotten some time to spend together after years and they had planned to enjoy to their fullest.

"Yoonoh stop tickling Minhee now," commanded the mom after seeing tears lined in the girl's eyes.

"Mom," whined the little boy.
"She hid my snacks. I am not stopping till she tells me where they are," he stomped his foot and crossed his arms.

"Mom," said the tiny girl too, trying to imitate her brother.
"He don't share with me. He bad," she accused pointing at him.

"Alright kids, dinner is ready," said their father entering the room with his apron on.

His apron was bright red colored with yellow sunflowers printed all over. The sight made the little girl burst into laughter again as she ran over to her father and hugged his knees (since that's where she reached).

But, their smiles soon turned into frowns when someone set the villa on fire. Each and every part of the wooden building began to burn down. Fiery flames rose to unimaginable heights as the family screamed for help but dare anybody set a foot inside the ablaze tower.

Fire doesn't spare anyone and this family was no exception. Large pieces of wood began to fall from the top floor as the father guided his loved ones under the dining table.

"Stay here with the kids. I'll go and look for help," he instructed his wife as she nodded frantically, both parting with a final kiss.

Who knew it would be the last kiss of their lives as an explosion sounded from the main gate, the direction that her husband had vanished into. She covered her kids' ears and embraced them tightly to protect them from the heat like any other mother would do.

After waiting for long, painful minutes in silence, the mother decided to search for her husband. She crept out carefully and grabbed a blanket from the sofa nearby. Gently covering her kids with the blanket she said,

"Please do not move from here. Mum will be right back," as she kissed each of her beloved children on the cheek one by one.

That night was filled with terrors as the happy family was torn apart in the most cruelest way possible. Wails and cries resonated through the air as the little kids waited for their parents to return.

¤

The night of December 5th, 2005 marked the beginning of a new dawn. The beginning of a new battle. The beginning of hunger for revenge. And lastly, the beginning of a new age.

That night marked the emergence of two new mafia gangs that would shake the underworld.

From the ashes and the scarlet blood rose the Scarlet Rose- symbolizing their pain, agony and the thirst for revenge.

And from the flames that burnt blue in oxygen rose the Azure Blaze- ablaze with a burning passion to be on the top, to be the best, to be the one and only.