Chapter 36: Jenifer

Last chapter recap- Oliver

"Well you must be smelling yourself because I smell great, isn't that right Janae?" I say and lift my armpit in her face.

"Ewww Oliver, that is disgusting." She smacked me and walked away.

I enjoyed picking on my siblings. I hope that one day the twins will be able to enjoy stuff like this with us.

—-------

Once Oakley, Oliver, and Janae had left the room and it was just Owen and June with me I felt much calmer.

Nothing against the other three but lots of people looking at me is scary. Especially if June wanted to see my busted-up ribs.

They were bad and they hurt so much. As soon as Oliver took the cold Ice cream away from me the pain came back to my ribs and every time I moved, talked, or even breathed, they hurt.

I didn't want Owen to get into trouble for trying to find me painkillers instead of asking so I told him not to tell them.

He had kept his promise but I could tell that he really wanted to tell them.

But I just couldn't allow him to get in any possible trouble for my sake.

"Okay, Jenifer. I want you to hold Owens' hands while I look and if it hurts too much and you need me to stop I want you to squeeze his hands and he will tell me okay?"

I nodded and then held onto Owens' hand.

She lifted up my shirt and I heard her gasp as she saw how bad my ribs looked. "Oh Jenifer, this must hurt so bad. Why didn't you tell me sooner baby? I'm going to go get you some painkillers right now. You two stay here." She said and walked out of the room and into the bathroom.

"So they are in the bathroom." Owen smiled and said. "I'll remember that for next time instead of falling off the countertop."

I had almost completely forgotten about Owens' fall. Oh my gosh I'm such a horrible sister, "Are you okay Owen? Does it hurt?" I whispered to him.

"No not really, she already gave me some painkillers and ice so I'm good, now it's your turn."

June returned and gave me a small pill. "Now I usually give my siblings two but since you and Owen are much smaller I'm just going to give you one. Can you take pills or do you need me to crush it up?" She asked me.

No one had ever asked me something like that. It was always either I took the painkillers or I was just in pain. No matter how big the pill was.

"She can swallow it normally, right Jenny?" Owen asked and I nodded yes.

June smiled and handed me the pill and a glass of water, "Great, here you go Jenifer. That should help and then we can ice this up. There is not much we can do for bruising other than ice and painkillers but I will make sure that you are taken care of okay?"

She smiled at me and I smiled back. June was very nice. I liked June.

"I also don't want you to walk Jenifer so I think that it would be best for you to let Owen know if you would like to go somewhere and then Oakley or Oliver can pick you up and carry you. If that is alright with you?" She asked.

I felt a little iffy, sure Oakley and Oliver were the two that saved me from my parent's house but also they were much bigger than June or Janae and if they ever got upset or changed their minds about me it would be very difficult to fight them off.

They could do a lot of damage to me, it was obvious that they both worked out and were very muscular. Being royalty they were also probably properly trained in fight techniques.