Chapter 48: Owen

Last chapter recap- Janae

My whole back was on fire. I had never felt such pain before.

I didn't even zip up my dress. I slid down the wall I was leaning on and crawled out of the room.

I attempted to stand up once I made it outside but I couldn't pull myself up.

I collapsed in the middle of the floor on my way to my room.

----------------------------------

I was having a great time in our new castle house!

Jenifer on the other hand was still pretty scared. I was trying to help her and make her feel safe but our uncle King Leo scared her pretty bad.

He scared me too but we don't ever really see him so I'm okay.

We didn't really see the quadruplets as much anymore which made us sad but it's okay because we have so many toys!

They gave us the room that all four of them shared when they were our age so our room is huge and it still has all their old toys.

"Owen?" Jenifer stopped playing and looked at me.

"Yeah?"

She started playing with her hands the way she does when she is nervous. "Um, do you think Odin is going to be able to find us here?"

To be honest I hadn't thought about our older brother in a long time. I was still pretty mad at him and we don't really need him anymore. Not after he abandoned us.

"Well we don't really need him anymore, we have Oakley and Oliver now. Plus this really nice house."

She looked mad at me. "Well, we can't just give up on looking for him. We need to find him. Oakley and Oliver are just strangers. We don't belong here."

"No Jenifer they are our family remember. Odin left us. If he wanted to come and find us he would have. Instead, he never came back. He broke his pinky promise and I don't want to be brothers with a pinky promise breaker"

"You can't say that! He is our brother and he loves us!" She shouted.

"NO HE DOES NOT! He's gone, Jenifer. We are never going to see him again and that was his choice. He left us with Mommy and Daddy and never came to get us. That's not something you do to someone you love."

Jenifer started crying. "Don't say that Owen. Something could be wrong with him, maybe he needs our help."

"We needed his help. Look at how hurt you got when he wasn't there. If Odin had come back like he promised then you wouldn't have been hurt. He is a liar."

She started crying more. "Well, you did the same thing. Where were you when I was being hurt? I got hurt because you were gone!"

That hurt me. She was right. I had left her alone and let her get hurt.

"Jenifer that's different. I came back and got you. I saved you, unlike Odin. Oakley and Oliver saved you. They did what Odin couldn't do and I want to stay here with them."

I pulled Jenifer into a hug. "Jenifer I am so sorry that I left you and you got hurt. But I'm glad that I left because if I hadn't we would still be stuck at home with Mommy and Daddy who are bad people. We would both still be getting hurt. We are safe here Jenifer."

"I still miss him."

"I know Jenny. But we will be okay. We don't need him anyways."

She pulled her head off of my shoulder. "I'm scared of Uncle King Leo."