Chapter 47: Janae

AN: Hey guys, so I didn't forget about this book and will be starting to update again more frequently. I've just been busy and haven't felt motivated to update.

Good luck reading the chapter, it's a brutal one :(

----------------------------------

It was "dinner time."

Mother had forbidden me and June from having dinner but she couldn't do this without our father, and more importantly, our brothers, finding out.

"Let's go." Oliver poked his head into me and June's room.

We had to put on a fake smile for the two of them so they wouldn't notice.

Oakley and Oliver would freak out if they knew what Mother told us and that would just make her more mad.

The four of us went into the twin's new room to get them as well.

They are in the room that the four of us used to share when we were little.

"Dinners ready!" I said as we walked in.

They both turned toward us. Jenifer looked scared and Owen looked excited.

"What are we having?" Owen asked as he grabbed Jenifer's hand and pulled her towards the door where the four of us were standing.

"I don't know we will have to find out," Oakley said shrugging his shoulders.

Owen looked confused "Didn't one of you make it?"

I smiled "No, when we are here we have maids and cooks that do all of that for us."

"Woah that's pretty cool!"

"Yep and don't worry, if you and Jenifer don't like what they made you can ask for something else. Don't be afraid." June said.

Owen nodded and I think I saw a little smile on Jenifer's face.

The six of us made our way into the dining room where Mother and Father were waiting on us.

This was the only time that we were ever together as a family.

Despite us eating together every time that Mother and Father were home we never spoke during dinner time.

Father didn't care to talk to us much in the first place and he declared that it was improper to speak to family during meals.

The only time we spoke during dinner was if we had a guest over which was extremely rare.

If he could I think that father would never speak to me. He had told me countless times that he did not like me.

He had done the same to Oliver and even June a few times but I think he seeks me out just to tell me how much he does not like me.

I don't know what I have done to make him not like me but this has also caused Mother to dislike me.

Even when I was little both of my parents would speak of how much they disliked me.

I had finished "eating" but we all had to wait until Father dismissed us before we were allowed to leave.

"You may leave. June and Janae, I believe that your Mother needs you in our room now."

She must have told Father of her rules.

"Yes, Your Majesty." My sister and I stood and bowed before following our mother out.

I grabbed June's hand and rubbed circles on her hand. It was something that the two of us did when we were nervous.

We followed Mother into our parent's bathroom.