Chapter 33: Janae

Last chapter recap- June

But we didn't need Oliver's approval, only Oakley's. If we got Oakley, we would have a majority and right now Oakley surprisingly seemed like the easiest to convince.

"What do you think?" I turned to Oakley and asked.

It took him a second to think but then he said with a smile"I think it would be okay to tell them."

—-----------

All six of us were in the living room.

We had told the twins that we had a secret that we wanted to share with them.

I could tell that they were scared, Owen was trying to hide his fear but Jenifer was full-on terrified.

Seeing them so scared of us because of what their parents had done to them broke my heart.

They had no reason to be scared of us and it upset me that they were.

They agreed that June and I should be the ones to tell them because they seemed slightly less scared of us than the boys.

"Okay, you two. We have a big secret to share with you but you have to promise that you will never ever tell anyone. If you do, all of our lives could be in danger." I said to the twins, I felt their fear grow as I spoke.

June saw it too and continued "Don't worry it's not a bad secret. It's actually pretty cool and might blow your minds."

"Well, what is it!?!" Owen asked in excitement after June spoke about the secret.

I could tell that Jenifer was still scared though.

"Well, Oakley, Oliver June, and I are actually royalty. Our parents are the King and Queen and we used to live in the castle in secret until we ran away." I said, hoping that they would react well.

Both of their faces went from frightened to confused.

"So you're like a princess?" Owen turned his head and asked.

"Yes that's right, and one day Oakley will be King of our country." I continued.

"So if you guys lived in that big castle and are like the richest most luckiest most powerful people in the world what are you doing here with us? Why would you want to run away from all of that, it sounds like a dream!?!" Owen questioned.

I didn't know how to explain to 6-year-olds who had also been abused by their parents that running away was our only option. Thankfully I didn't have to because Oakley stepped in.

"Well, we are not the richest most luckiest most powerful people in the world. Our father was cruel to us. He never let us go outside, he only talked bad to us and would order us around. He would also physically hurt us and abuse us. He was a very bad man and it is safer for us to be away." Oakley explained and the twins nodded to his words. They understood completely.

"What about your mom? Was she nice?"

I jumped in to respond "No, she was just as bad. She knew what our father was doing and just stood by supporting him. She was also abusive to me and June. She only cared about herself and her image. She firmly believed that we were made for her to perfect. She wanted control over everything in our lives and would do anything to have it."

It kind of felt good to get all this out and to rant about how horrible our parents were.

"I'm sorry," Owen said with a sad look on his little face. As if he was the reason for our suffering.

I stroked Owen's cheek "Oh sweetheart, no, you have nothing to be sorry for. But now you understand why we ran away and why you can never ever tell anyone who we are because if we got sent back to them it would be even worse."