Prologue

My adrenaline rushed as I pressed harder on the gas pedal, causing my speed to double. I quickly glanced at the rearview mirror and then to the side mirror, a smile creeping onto my lips.

My eyes and focus returned to the road ahead and I could almost reach out and touch the car I was chasing. Bullets were being fired in my direction, but instead of feeling fear, a sinister smile curved on my lips.

“Oh shit! Stop the car! Lemme get out of here!”

I ignored her nagging and lazily glanced to the side. My attention quickly returned to the car ahead as bullets showered down on us. I rolled down my window, feeling a surge of wind hit my face. Extending my hand I aimed for the car's tire and fired twice, causing their wheels to change course. I shifted gears and slowly pulled my car to the side.

“Oh my! We're going to be hit, oh my!” Her voice was nervous and exaggerated, causing my eyes to briefly wander to her. “I shouldn't have come with you!” She uttered profanities that almost made me scrunch my nose.

“Oh please!” I tilted my head and parked my car. I didn't ask her to come with me, she's the one who invited herself.

I heard the other cars behind me  and not waiting for them, I got out of mine. My long dress almost touched the ground. Its slit showed the ample amount of my long legs.. just enough for me to walk properly in this dress. I almost smirked at my sneakers. Although I could wear those killer heels now, I still opted for flats or sneakers when I'm driving.

A whistle came next and now he's walking beside me. I threw him a quick glance and just continued checking for any signs of life in this car that crashed into the tree. The impact made it look bad from the outside.

“Injured but alive.” I told him, I checked the other man and just like the first one, this man is alive and just injured too. I was confident enough they couldn't harm us anymore. Judging by the blood coming from them, I could leave them to my men.

“I told you, you shouldn't have followed them. We have so many people who can do the work! Why are you not listening to me?” she's not finished with her rant.

I raised my index finger that made her words to hang in the air. She inhaled deeply before turning to the people approaching us. She knows the drill.

I sighed and put my gun back on my right leg. The long slit in my black dress showed my immaculate, tanned leg. When my eyes darted on him, I saw him raising his brow while shamelessly ogling my leg. He bit his lower lip and his eyes searched mine. A lopsided smile instantly plastered. Gay! I almost rolled my eyes.

“So.. I'll fetch you tomorrow-“ I cut him off.

“I'm busy.” I walked back to my car. I tried to search for Jasmin but she's far of coming with me, she was occupied with some police officers and our men. Before I could close my car door, he stopped it by holding onto it firmly. I wetted my lips and stared at him. He was now tapping my roof and and looking at me intently.

“Still upset?” he watched me or rather my reactions.

“No!”

“Then why are you avoiding me?”

“I'm not. So delusional one.” I said, pursing my lips tightly. “I'm just quite busy and don't have the time.” I stopped myself from rolling my eyes again. I saw how his brow arched like he was obviously not buying my alibi.

“Lioness-“

“Fuck it, Storm!” I somehow managed to hit him on his body by the car door.  And the idiot just chuckled at my irate state. He really knows how to push my buttons to red.

“Okay, okay.. Uno!” lifting his hands in the air. I just threw him dagger. If look could kill, he's now in the morgue. “It was just pure work. I had to escort her to that party coz dad wanted me to. You know she's a very important client.”

“I don't know what you're talking about.” I raised him a brow.

“Then why aren't you answering my calls? No messages at all?” his carefree attitude dropped and replaced by a serious one.

“I'm just preoccupied with other things. Don't overthink it.” I replied nonchalantly.

“Hey, lovers!”

I glared at her and she just smiled wider. “Hey there, Jas!” these two had the guts to greet each other while I was just here, wanting to murder them both.

“I'll message you once I have time, but definitely not sooner.” I uttered and just shut my door, started my car engine.

I didnt wait for him to answer and rolled my eyes when Jasmin's jaw dropped. She was cursing hard while I drove off. I am fine leaving her with Storm coz I know he would offer her a ride home.

I actually didn't want to leave her there, but Storm really pissed me off. He knew too well, that I didn't like to be called that way, that name. Though I live like a normal woman now.. Still that name.. Lioness.. I almost don't want to hear it anymore..

I stepped under the shower and let the warm water run down on me. Closing my eyes, I let myself be calmed. I sighed and washed myself up. I'm trying to accept my life now, the new me.. The new Uno Schultz, still the first in rank.. but not the boy from the past anymore.

My eyes stared back at me, no traces anymore of the old me. Even my scars were all gone now, only the one near my heart had left a memory, a mark. Uncle Amer asked for a especialist of beauty to erase all of my scars but I begged him to leave this one.. as this one was the reminder of my fate.. that day. That no matter I tried to live my new life, still I didn't want to forget my past.

Now, this woman is taking over. Gone is the old Uno Schultz. The old Uno Schultz might have been muscular before but deep inside he was soft when it came to his family, especially his father. Now here I am, the new me.. I may look feminine, but I am strong enough to build a wall around myself. Limiting the emotions that might give me away.

My long straight black brown hair compliments my angled face. I have high cheekbones, round almond eyes, thick eyebrows, long lashes, and bow-shaped, plump lips that look pinkish to red.

I sighed and blow dried my hair before slipping into bed. Pansamantala akong tumulala sa kisame at  hindi maiwasang sumagi sa aking isipan ang nangyari noon.

It was dark, it was gory. It was the lowest point of my life, na kung hindi dahil sa aking uncle Amer at sa iba ko pang mga relatives marahil hindi na ako gumising pa mula sa bangungot na iyon..

My heavy eyelids were somewhat hard to fight against. Slowly but surely, my tired spirit consumed me and my being..