Chapter 35

Storm's words really stung deep. I had just finished two glasses of whiskey, and yet I wanted more. But, it was unlikely that I would go out, right now I settled on drinking here at my house.

I was scared to stumble upon anyone, especially Alfiero, if I went to a pub. Drowning myself here alone in my house was way better.

Massaging my forehead as my vision got doubled once again. Realizing it was a sign that I needed to stop drinking. Fortunately, when I get too drunk I only have to crawl to my bed.

I had actually asked Sadana and Jasmin. Jasmin had just returned from her vacation. However, both of them refused me and didn't want to have fun with me.

Closing my eyes tightly, I think about how drastically things have changed. I was enjoying my vacation in Germany, and I had plans to pursue my studies after getting married. But now, I have been deviated to other things.

I was forced to give up my studies because of Schmidt and La Nostra, as they held me against my will. The Schmidt because he thought me as his daughter, and La Nostra because I tried to take Alfiero's life. Just when I returned home, I discovered that the Cosa council was after me.

"Fuck me!" I groaned as I pushed myself up. Four glasses were enough for tonight, I needed to be productive despite the dramas in my life.

In the following days, lo and behold, I was indeed productive. I worked for eight hours a day and sometimes even did overtime to ensure I didn't skip any work.

No stress for a few days because I hadn't contacted anyone. No Schmidt, no Cosa, neither Graziano nor La Nostra. Jeez, men really give me headaches and stress, I just realized.

My eyes drifted from my paperwork, then to the side of the library. I was flooded with memories at the sight. I used to sneak in here often to play and spy on my father. I chucked softly.. Speaking of my father, I must pay him a visit later.

Hindi na nakatiis, iniwan ko ang mga paperwork, at tinungo ang mga libro.. I stood directly in front of the book and pushed it. I had discovered this later.. after my father orchestrated funeral.

Stepping inside, I spotted another set of bookshelves. This was actually my father's secret library. My eyes found the box, it looked the same as last time. I reached for it from the small table. And just like that, the red alarm started blaring as soon as I removed it.

I gazed at my watch and managed to turned off the annoying alarm. My father had truly hidden my mom's jewelry box like a treasure. He had installed a sensor, so if the box was removed, toxic gas would be released around the area.

I sat myself in a chair and watched the box closely. The last time I came here this one turned like a Rubik's Cube and turned out to be a key to my father's treasure chest. It took me a month to solve this odd Rubik's Cube. Realizing that my mom's treasure box was connected to my father's hidden chest.

Before I refused to be nosy and never tried to open it, but now I wanted to take a look. After hearing and learning about those things about me, I had this feeling that my father hid something very important in his chest. That might concern me.

After placing it down, the fifty-meter treasure chest made a sound. It clinked, waiting to be opened. I pursed my lips and tapped the code. I held onto it and pulled it open. I didn't see valuable things, only my parents' wedding ring and a stack of papers.

Missing my mom, I picked up the ring and slowly caressed it. This one had a simple look but had three diamonds on it. A big diamond in a pear shape and two small round diamonds on both sides. A sad smile crept onto my lips before putting it down. Sunod kong tinapunan ng tingin ang mga papel.