Chapter 10

The child in the darkness is feared by those in the light. In the coldness of this darkroom, you could easily say when someone is watching you. I pretended to be in deep sleep even I was awake a moment ago.

Even with my eyes closed, I could feel the element is nearing me.. Without further ado, I let my body moved as what my gut told me. My kick hit the element at the same time my eyes opened. I saw the element in a body of a.. man. Even in this kind of darkness, I knew he was armed. The thing landed on the cold floor. Nasa lapag na ang baril and we both dived just to get a possession of that steel. I got a hold of it but the man has twisted my hand. The gun flew away from us, same time I noticed when he took something from his back and even in the dark I saw the swiss knife on his hand.

He lunged on me and I tried to evade it and ran to get something from the bed. He lunged again and I managed to block it with the help of a pillow. A sinister smile crept on his lips and now he's holding two knives. His next attack left a little marks on both of my arms. My eyes searched for the location of the gun, I glanced at him before I expertly rolled to the spot and get the gun while he ran after me with his knives. I smiled as I pointed the gun on him but before I hit the trigger, someone fired at the man. He didn't scream at the shot that he got on his leg. I turned and aimed for the gunman, it moved faster and disarmed me like what he did to the man with a knives.. just less the gun shot on the leg. And then he moved once again to the injured intruder and made him shut. The man fell on the floor unconsious. I made myself ready for a blow but it didn't happen.

The bedside lamp lit and my eyes narrowed, the gunman was non other than Fierce La Nostra.. I was ready to launch at him but he quickly covered my mouth. I moved violently but he was like steadfast steal making me immobile.

"Sshh." he whispered. He swiftly dragged me into his room. He shut his door and pulled me more before my back hit the wall. "Don't make sound." he said in a low but deadly tone. Masama ko pa rin siyang tinitingnan at wala rin akong naging sagot. "I'll let you go but don't make any stupid things." he watched me intently as he freed my mouth.

I inhaled deedly. "What the hell was that?" I asked audibly. Trying to calm down.

"It's the Azraels." he blew a harsh breath then he let go of me. He was pacing back in forth. I didn't move an inch, from where I was standing I could see his bothered expression. A barely glimmer from his lamp was enough to see the serious but bothered expression of his face.

"The angel of death." I murmured. His eyes snapped at me. That even he didn't confirm it by words it was confirmed by his action. I heard about the Azraels following the investigation to the La Nostra, right after I escaped. "And they are here to kill me." I said more to myself.

"Come, we're getting out of here." he gripped my hand and pulled me with him. I stood on my ground trying to halt him from dragging me. He looked like he's about to kill me as he glared. "Not now, Lioness."

"They're here for my head, right. And you brought me here for that very same reason." my voice laced of venom. Damn, this man. He surely didn't kill me right away for his Azraels. "Then let me go. I won't give you all the satisfaction of an easy kill." my teeth ground. I shook his hand to free myself.

My back hit the damn wall hard. I didn't flinch, we're just staring at each others soulless eyes. His jaw ticked. "I didn't bring you here for them, I brought you here for myself."

"You and your sick Mafia!" my heart hammered. "I won't give-"

"Shut up!" he seethed in anger.

Our murderous staring contest was halted by a faint sound on his door. He let go of the stare but not with my hand as he silently opened the door.