Chapter 24

Later as our order being served, we started a conversation.

"I'm glad you are here." umpisa niya. Pagkatapos nguyain ang piraso ng kanyang steak.

"I'm happy too that you let this dinner possible, the last time we have talked you refused me." segunda ko naman. My eyes were on my plate, busied cutting my steak to a bite size.

"Well, I just realised it's so unethical to refuse a beautiful woman like you." he taunted.

My eyes went up to his face. Chewing well the food in my mouth. I wasn't a huge fan of chatting while eating but right now I had to. Pagkatapos malunok ang steak saka palang balak na magsalita.

"Let's get down to business. Like what I have said before, we want you for this." seryoso kong wika.

"Sure thing, I got the details from your uncle already." sumeryoso na rin siya.

I nodded. Nagpatuloy na rin ako sa pagkain dahil hindi na rin naman siya nagsalita. We'd like to hire him coz he's fit for the job as what uncle Amer believed.

Five years ago, a few people dared to fuck my family. The same moment my father wanted to erase my existence.

I was thinking before that it was the La Nostra, who blended to our people just to kill me and my father. But then it turned out wrong.

The reason that even my father tried to kill me, still I wanted to avenge his death. At that very moment when he wanted to end my life, I saw how he selflessly covered me with his body when those Boss slayers attempted to kill us both.

It's too ironic that he wanted me dead but his fatherly instinct instilled in him to protect me until his very last breath that bloody day. And for that reason I wanted to kill this Mafiosi who killed my father.

"You know what, I was really wondering what's with you and these Mafiosi." Cassian uttered that made me look at him. "Five years ago, I was assigned to kill you." his lips curved into a sinister one.

Dumilim naman ang aking tingin sa kanya. I remained eating but my senses were all heightened. I didn't say a thing and yet calculating his distance, the knife and fork in my hand. And the meter away purse on our table, where my gun was. Nagpatuloy naman siya sa pagsasalita.

"But it wasn't that easy to be done because there were some individuals that making it hard for me." his face turned sour. "Whenever I was nearby they're always sabotaging every damn thing. That even you were marked five years ago you still here and alive." he shrugged.

"What are.. you talking about?" the sharpness of my voice was evident.

"Just a ramdon thought." he smirked at me. "But I think now, those people are watching us at the moment." his smile went wider.

Napasinghap ako, so it wasn't my gut making me uncomfortable since I arrived here in the restaurant. Talagang may nagmamasid at hindi lamang ako nag ooverthink.

"Give me names." I said in a low voice.

He only stared at me. "You were raised as a boy for eighteen years, then later on was announced as to be the long lost heiress of the family Schultz, yet still keeping the first in rank in Arachnidos." he dramatically sighed. "But what piqued my interest is.. five years ago the Mafiosi were almost dug the entire earth and turned it up side and down just only to find you, well, the girl version of you but now.. it seems few of them want the other way around." kibit balikat niya.

My head tilted. "Cassian Todd, a thirty year old ex marine corps, with a Russian-American and Filipino descent. Both an american and russian citizens, was enlisted to marine around year two thousand twelve, had served the US government for five years both active and inactive services. Been a prisoner of the war by the Russians for a year and got escaped by his own." I made a pause. "The US government didn't negotiate your exchange from the Russians coz some of the dignitaries and officials believed you were a Russians' espionage, a mole in the marine and in the government."