Chapter 9

"Aren't you gonna out and help your men?" tanong ko habang pinanonood ang nangyayari sa labas ng sasakyan.

He didn't answer, why my eyes searched his. He was casually sitting on his seat, with arms crossed on his chest like as if nothing is happening. Like we're not in danger of an ambush and his men were out shooting back with those attackers. He's not even troubled that some of the bullets were piercing and carving on his bullet proof limo.

"I trust my men." he said flatly and to my surprise, he seemed relax..

While me on the other hand was a bit agitated. The dusk has slowly replacing the yellow orange sky. And the fact that this is my second time in a span of months, engaging on an ambush.. The fear is somewhat knocking on my door.

I bit my lips and watched the commotions outside. Even we were now far from the City of Manila, some of the people in this traffic will get affected of what's happening. Some of the cars outside were owned by the La Nostras and few from civilians and those unwanted people. Don't get me wrong, I still didn't have a soft spot for the civilians but this one could create a feast into the media.

Muli ko siyang nilingon, now he was looking at me intently. The kind of stares that could give me knots on my stomach, but for some reason I must speak for his men, not that I cared but because I'm also a boss.

"Fierce, those people out there who are fighting and sacrificing their lives are your men. They might need support or your.. at least your presence." pointing outside. Hoping he'd get what I wanted to say.

Ilang sandali pa siyang nakatitig lang sa akin bago pumaling ang kanyang ulo sa labas ng bintana. When he did move, I thought he will go out of the car but he didn't. Humawak ang kanyang kamay sa bandang teynga.

"Maddox, I need visibility." he said while his eyes not leaving mine. He listened to his ear piece, his facade remained stoic as he watched outside the window again. "Yeah, I still have Armando here." napalingon ako sa driver, his driver remained with us too. "Report to me later." and that's it. He comfortably rested on his back.

Nang wala na siyang sinabi ay halos magdugtong ang aking kilay. A part of me wanted to snap but then it would be overreacting.

"And?" I probed.

The storm in his eyes were evident as it stayed on mine. "It's almost over. We're moving in a minute."

"Oh, yeah! You have an effective and efficient minions, thanks to Maddox! Unlike you, who just burning his fatty ass here on his seat." I snorted.

He cocked his head to side then his jaw ticked. "I'm their boss that's why I'm here. And being killed in a gun fights are normal in our world and it's also a normal for them to do their jobs. And that is to protect the boss."

I know. "But still, couldn't believe you letting your men to do the fight alone."

"I'm not foolish and gonna leave you here and for you to breakout."

My mouth fell. "I'm not!"

He snickered. "So defensive."

"Because I'm not thinking that way!" fuck! He knew, of course!

"I'm not leaving this car without you tying on me. I'm not that brainless like the way that stupid Veyron Sinclair did." my eyes widened, he knew the guy named Veyron. "I'd rather dragging your ass with me but in this case, my precious presence are not needed." he glared at me before his lips formed in an annoying smirk. "And by the way, my ass is not fatty but firm and sexy."

I blinked once, pulling myself from the useful information that he said down to the useless.

"What else your data about the guy?" my cold eyes held his. He watched me intently but didn't say a word or two. "Veyron Sinclair? Is he a member of underworld too?" I never heard of the Sinclair Mafia.