Chapter 49

Jasmin cleared her throat while the man who's wearing of Emeritus' face just nonchalantly glanced at him.

"We just want to be sure that he's fully working well." Jasmin explained.

"You were both told not to meddle." the newcomer said.

"I remember her well despite the huge changes, she's the last boss that I served." kibit balikat na sagot ni Emeritus. He glanced at me shortly with no trace of the old Emeritus that I know.

The one who beheaded in front of me, the one of the faces that kept on haunting me in my nightmare. And now the puzzle is started making sense.. He helped me out that bloody day, I had never doubted him and his loyalty before..

"And?"

"It didn't change my will.. I still want to kill her." he said nonchalantly. My stomach dropped.

Jasmin just snickered annoyingly. This reality if this is the real one, I don't want to think too much. My mind couldn't coherent what the hell was happening.. The people I trusted were not to be trusted in. And Emeritus, the one that gave me nightmares of his death was now standing lively in front of me. Alive and kicking.

"Leave now, or the bosses will get notified of your disobedience."

"Whatever!" Jasmin shrugged and looked at her brother. The two gave me a knowing glare before they stormed out.

I was silent. Nang kumilos siya at magsalubong ang aming paningin, he only sighed and close by. He pulled the chair near my bed without breaking our gaze.

"How are you-"

"You're son of a bitch. Fucking filthy traitor!" I hissed.

He blinked his eyes and held both of his hands quietly. "Lioness, calm down and listen to-"

"You pig! Damn you to hell, Veyron Sinclair!" my eyes narrowed at him. I want to kill him, I was shaking from my bottled-up anger. For all the people who mistreated me, betrayed me and toyed me! "So this is how you deal? You tricked me so well so I would let down my guard and then you can attack me like this? You are all the same! Just like your master!" my chest heaved frantically.

Halos hindi ako makahinga ng maayos sa sobrang galit ko sa kanya. The reason he's being so nice to me. Ito ang dahilan noon. Para mawala siya sa mga pinaghihinalaan ko na maaaring may masamang balak sa akin. Why I even think of positive things out of Heinrich's minions? I don't know!

He blew a loud breath and left his chair. I was about to lunge at him but then he tapped on his watch and like magic, I felt my body become numb. The chip, they rewrote its program! Falling onto the bed, my eyes darted at him as he gazed down at me. When he realized I wouldn't fight anymore he sighed again before carrying me.

"I don't have much time, so listen up," he quietly said as he went out of the door. I saw that his men were with him. They nodded and then strode in a hustle. "I will help you out of this motherfuking cage, but swear to me you will calm down once your strength comes back." He gave me a glance and his jaw clenched.

I gritted my teeth and just looked away. I saw that we were heading to the fire exit.

"It's inevitable, in no time they will find out that I betrayed them, the Cosa." malamig niyang wika.

My eyes remained murderous at him. I opened my mouth and cocked my head. Trying to formulate words. "T-traitor," ny voice surprisingly made it out.

He gazed down at me, but for a second, I saw how his face softened. "Yeah, maybe. 'Cause this little girl is always in distress and needs a knight to help her."