Chapter 18

Having peace in the midst of the storm, more being comfortable in the den of your enemy were never crossed my mind. However the warmness that emanating from him made me feel somewhat at ease.

But this kind of comfort has given me a mixed premonition. The dream I had last night was like a tranquil for all the gore and violence that had happened in my life. But the nightmare that was about to come, giving me the doubt like a chaos is coming. Like a period of peace before a disturbance.

Last night after Fierce sent me back to my room, I got a surprised message coming from a someone. It was left on my bed, and since Fierce just stayed outside of my door he didn't have any idea about that piece of paper. And I didn't want him involved, when he's the damn reason behind all of this.

The note asserted, I should let my window open tonight. Though I didn't want to trust it but the words that has written made me have a second thought.

My eyes darted through the paper.

"Look into his angel eyes
One look and you're hypnotized
He'll take your heart and you must pay the price

Look into his angel eyes
You'll think you're in paradise
And one day you'll find out he wears a disguise
Don't look too deep into those angel eyes"

My chest tightened, it was a piece from her favorite song. She used to play this one with her harp whenever we had time. Halos buong gabi akong walang tulog kakaisip sa kapirasong papel na ito, I even tried to search the room and outside the window, thinking I'd get something.

It might be crazy for hoping, coz we all know what happened. She died a long time ago, we got her remains and it did match her dna.. but right now, I was hoping..

Nakaupo ako sa kama ngunit alertong nakabantay sa malaking bintana. The clock said it was ten in the evening and I didn't know what time that intruder might show up. I just lit my lamp shade in a low warm light, enough for me to have a good sight to my surrounding.

It was fifteen before midnight and yet no one came, hatinggabi na pero hindi pa rin ako makaramdam ng antok. I was sitting with my face on my knees, watching the window carefully.

The wind blew and the black curtains split into two. Mabilis akong napakilos ng matanaw ang pagpasok ng isang anino. It moved fluidly and my eyes found.. his.

He walked silently towards my direction behind the wall. "Lioness Schultz."

"Neith Holsten." I said in a low but deadly tone. "What are you doing here?" I prepared myself for the upcoming possibilities.

"Aria de Rose." he whispered her name. "I came here for her."

I inhaled sharply. "What about her?" I said in a controlled tone but my actions made opposite. I pinned him against the wall. His height didn't matter as I was in rage, aching for answer and a bloodlust to kill. "Where is she?"

"Listen, Lioness. Hear me out first." he hissed and held firmly of my hands.

"Fuck you, Holsten!" I was seeing red now. "Where is she?" my voice wavered.

He looked away and my knees wobbled. "She's gone. I tried my best to.." he shook his head. "to help her but I failed."

I hammered him to the wall and then I let go. "Leave." mariin akong pumikit.

"But I'm here to help you escape." he said in an audible tone.

"Leave, Holsten. I'm not interested." tinalikuran ko siya.

"I promised here. I promised her of freedom but.. I failed. And now I wanted to help you." he kept on blabbering. "Let me help you this time, Lioness. Let me fulfill my promise." he pleaded.