Chapter 29

We moved to the meeting room. Alfiero, Maddox, uncle Amer, Storm, Jasmin and even uncle Rafaelle has joined us. And now we're all sitting around the table.

Uncle Amer cleared his throat. "We are holding this meeting to talk about this family Schmidt. Mr. Fierce La Nostra here has gathered some useful information."

Fierce acknowledged uncle Amer before he spoke. "As we all know, family Schmidt is a group from Eastern Europe. We believe that they are not just an organized crime group but also connected to the Nazi. We have receipt for further explanation."

I read the papers that Maddox has given a while ago. It was consisted of photos from some prominent people in europe, the old dictator government and lastly Heinrich Schmidt.

"The low profile Family Schmidt still running the business even after he moved to the U.S. following the cold war. And currently a certain mobster Veyron Sinclair is under his paycheck. This guy was the one who abducted Lioness in her house." he stared at me shortly before his eyes swept to both of my uncles.

Fierce continued. "Veyron Sinclair is known for being a notorious mobster. Not only feared by small groups but even the well known crimed syndicates in the underground. He grew up in the Schmidt and no more details about his own roots."

"Some say he was an orphan from an irish parents and was sent to the America. Grew up in the street before he met Heinrich Schmidt." Storm sustained.

"A hearsay but it might be true." Fierce commented. "And now they are here in the Philippines and they after Lioness."

"Any idea why this Heinrich Schmidt wants me?" I asked not Fierce but my eyes directed at my uncles. "The first encounter I had with Veyron Sinclair he was telling me that his master wanted to see me. I concluded he didn't want only my head but something else too." tumiim ang aking tingin sa dalawa.

Uncle Rafaelle sighed. "Kuya Philip was too secretive. Even he's my brother I have no clues about some of his matters, like Terri's story. Not that it was his story to tell. But he's not a very open person only to our father."

My eyes darted at uncle Amer. He once close to my mother, he even knew her secret coz once upon a time they were a thing.

"I always know about Terri being adopted. But after we separated I rarely talked to her and you know why.."

I took a heavy breath. Of course I knew why. My father loathed him because of his past with my mom. Kaya hindi rin niya ako nakilala kaagad noon.

"You have mentioned to Amer that Schmidt wants Lioness for an experiment?" uncle Rafe asked.

Alfiero pursed his lips and nodded, his eyes darted at uncle. "We recovered evidences after we secured their laboratory in Visayas. They are preparing for a big project."

"And that project is concerning my niece?"

"Yes," he breathed heavily. I gasped and my heart raced.

"How exactly?" si uncle Amer.

"We in the Cosa have started this project.. before." he was hesitated meanwhile Storm cursed out loudly. "But my father withdrew from the project and didn't want to be part of it anymore."

"What made your father changed his mind?" uncle Rafaelle.

Alfiero's dark but cold gaze swiftly swept at me. He pursed his lips. "I asked him."

"Because she'd become your mate?"

"Yes." he breathed in and looked at my uncle.

I gasped silently. My hands were clenching.