Chapter 30

Mula sa bintana tanaw ko ang sasakyan ni Fierce hanggang sa makalabas ito ng malaki at matayog naming gate. I sighed and about to turn when I felt a presence behind.

"I didn't see that coming."

My eyes turned cold glancing at her. "What brings you here?"

Her nose scrunched up. "You look like an alluring woman now and yet you're still the same Uno Schultz that I know before." her eyes scanned me up and down then she raised me a brow.

"I thought you wanted a fresh start. What brings you here?" ulit ko.

"I was only on a hiatus." her head tilted. "So you're friends with Alfiero La Nostra now?"

"He offered to help. And uncle Amer accepted it."

Her brows formed into line. "In exchange of?"

"Nothing. He just wants to help." I said nonchalantly.

"And you trust him?" she crossed her arms while eyes narrowed at me.

"No. I trust no one." my voice was low and cold.

"All right." she nodded. "Just be careful not to fall for his words. He's not the exact person you think he is."

"It was crystal clear, he's an enemy, that's given. Believed me, I've tried to discuss this with uncle Amer but it's like I'm talking to a brick wall. In fact he's likely into favouring Fierce." I chewed on my lips. Both a bit frustrated and annoyed of her and with the situation.

"I heard we're in a big trouble." seryoso niyang wika bago huminga ng malalim. "We are in times that we needed all the help that we can get. When the situation becomes difficult, strong people are able to step up and handle it." she paused. "Even the top assassins of the Arachnidos were all get notified about this. We're about to go to a war. A war that it's hard to say if we'll win or.."

"We will win." I said in a serious tone. I'd make sure of that.

"Dinner is ready." Jasmin suddenly appeared before us.

I wasn't sure if they've known each other already. "Sadana, this is Jasmin Guilliani, my assistant." She looked at Jasmin and nodded. It felt odd coz for the first time I addressed Jasmin as my assistant. But she seemed didn't give a fuss about it. "Jasmin, this is Sadana. She's one of your seniors." they exchanged handshakes and pleasantries.

"Let's go." I headed to the dining.

Uncle Rafaelle went home after the dinner. Ganon rin sina uncle Amer at Storm. Tomorrow must   be a very important day for us.

Nasa kama ako at kakatapos lamang magshower. I've had a short meeting with some of my men. For what changes we needed to make. To avoid some irregularities whenever we're in actions and in a less fortunate situations.

I turned off the lamp and about to sleep when my phone beeped. Sandali ko lamang iyon tinapunan ng tingin ngunit hindi na inabala pang i check. Kinabukasan handa na ang lahat para sa meeting. We're holding it in a big conference room. We needed a huge space for this since it would be a sensible one and massive general meeting.

I was the last one who took the seat and it was on the center. My eyes scanned the long table, the elders and their successors were all present for this general meeting. Mabuti naman at halos lahat ay narito kung may hindi man nakadalo, nasa abroad ang mga ito.

"Ladies and gentlemen, good morning." I glanced at each of every one and once again cleared my throat. "This isn't going to take very long. Our family is at stake right now. But rest assured that I am doing my best to solve this."