Chapter 8

Peeking from duvet, I groaned harder as the sun flagrantly gleaming the window, almost blinding me here in bed. I scowled at the man as he rolled the jalousie more up. Promptly, my frustration was over the moon.

"Dammit, what's wrong with you?" inis akong napaupo sa kama.

"You were already informed, I have meeting today and I want to bring you with me." kalmado niyang wika but the edge of his tone not skipped my ears.

"Likewise, I informed you too, I didn't want to come." averting my eyes from him, my hand was busied combing my hair. About my face, I don't just care. I'm gorgeous and I know it. Even with my "I just woke up state" "Don't worry too much, I will not try to escape."

"Tell that to the marines, coz I'm not stupid to believe you." his head tilted to the side.

"Oh, please Alfiero. I'm not a morning person!" my eyes turned into a slit watching him. Oh shoot! He's already dressed and smelled like a morning dew.

His brow raised as his gaze raked against my body. Napahila ako sa kumot at bahagyang tinabunan ang aking katawan. The brute provided me some essentials, including such hideous lacey nightgowns but I'd rather wear t shirt and shorts.

Pero nang maaalala ko ang nangyari noong nakaraang araw, umahon ang pagkainis sa akin.

I remembered that after I kissed him.. he didn't kiss me back. He was stunned or stoned and felt like disgusted of the chaste kiss. And to make it worse, I was dumbfounded of what happened and being escorted out of his office by his minion.

The brute has brutally rejected and humiliated your highness. The reason just by mere seeing him right now made me wanna murder him even more! In a gore and violent ways! He should be dead! He's a walking reminder of my stupidity of that day.

"Come on, sleepy head. Get you booty out of that bed." as he turned and left me fuming mad.

When he's out of my sight, I dived back on the bed. What the hell am doing here?

"Stop sulking and just finished your food." he eyed me over his cup of coffee.

"I'm not sulking." I cooly said.

"Right there, Lioness." he sarcastically said.

"It's Uno, stop calling me Lioness!" matalim ko siyang tinapunan ng tingin.

"Oh, and I thought my Gattina is already embracing her being a maiden with a heart. You were introduced as Lioness Schultz to the world and live like one. And you even engaged too.. or rather, you were engaged.. for the second time around." and for a moment I saw red while looking at his blue gray eyes, the anger, the disdain.. we mirrored each others eyes before his' turned in a hue of dark.

He hit a nerve big time. I threw the first thing that my hand has reached. A hard boiled egg. He quickly caught it by his hand and settled it down. I took a deep breath calming my inner demons, I should have thrown him the bread knife or smashed this huge dining table. Or perhaps if I've got a chance, I will break all of his antiques on the hallways. That alone would cost him of multimillion euros.

"It's still Uno, and I don't owe you any explanation." staring at my plate. I hoped Storm handling everything well, if I'd fail the family I know he could easily run the business. And for Aria.. I promised to kill this brute.

I forced myself to eat but it's really uncomfortable, knowing that his men were just around. And by just around, I mean two of them were sitting here also on this dining table. And for heaven's sake.. This is the first time I was going to dine.. not with him but.. nevermind.

Chewing my food slowly I couldn't help but simply glancing at him then back to my food. I sighed and ate a little bit more. "I'm done." I placed down my cup of coffee and wiped my mouth by the service napkin.