Chapter 12

Unlike his manor in Germany with high end security, their mansion here wasn't.

The door flew open and I quickly pushed him away from me. Medyo napangiwi ako sa sakit ng aking likod sa biglaang pagkilos na iyon. I looked everywhere but him with my heart hammering so hard. What the hell is Fierce doing? And my reactions to his kisses, were.. I cringed at the thought.

"Oh! Did I interrupt something here?" my eyes darted on her while hers were like a ping pong ball from Fierce then to me.

"Definitely, yes. So leave and shut the door!" Fierce growled while panting too. He didn't even glance at her. Nakatuon lamang sa akin ang kanyang asul at abuhing mga mata. I creased my forehead, this brute.

"Fine! Whatever!" mabilis na tumalikod si Tangerine at lumabas ng kwarto. Halos pabalagbag nitong isinara ang pinto.

Clearing my throat I creased even more my forehead. I wasn't sure what his eyes were showing off but the wetness and redness of his lips were very evident of that kiss that just happened. I wanted to inquire about the kiss, on why he kissed me.. and to tell him he shouldn't have done that. But not so long ago, I stole him a kiss too.. not like this one but it's almost the same. A kiss. "You may leave now too, I need some rest." my voice was low even for my own ears, I could barely hear myself.

He chuckled darkly, eyes gleamed with danger. Like in some horror or bad guys films. "We just shared a kiss. You can't just kick me out like that."

I looked away and bit my lower lip. This stupid shameless brute!

"Stop enticing me."

Mabilis akong napabalik ng tingin sa kanya. "Stop what?"

"Stop biting your lip." he breathed heavily. He closed his eyes tightly like he was in pain. When his eyes shut open he looked tired and drowsy. "You've been seducing me for the past days, Lioness. I am no saint. And your frail body can not handle.." he trailed off.

"Are you gone mad? And I'm not seducing you!" that's a serious and beyond belief allegations!

"Yeah, yeah." he breathed out. "I don't know if you're just dense or it's your naivety that made it unfortunate." he shook his head. "Anyways, I'll be staying here until you get better. I'm not going anywhere." he stood up and went to the couch. "Your food will be served here soon."

"I'm not hungry." glaring at him before I slowly rested on my right. Closing my eyes I tried my luck to be asleep. Nevertheless something was bothering me..

"Alfiero La Nostra.."

I didn't get an answer.. When I turned at his direction, he was just sitting on the couch, back rested with eyes closed in serene. "Fierce!"

"Yeah, Lioness." his husky voice.

I took a deep breath. "What.. what exactly is this "mate thing" that you were always talking about?" medyo nababagabag na kasi ako sa salitang iyan. It was five years ago when I first heard it from him but I didn't pay attention much about it, but now I was a bit curious. If that mate thingy is the same as what I was thinking..

He lazily opened his eyes. "Exactly what mate thing means.."

"And it means then?"

His eyes hold seriousness like he's reading mine, his adam's apple protuded and then he looked away. "Like a long-term sweetheart is her or his mate. A husband or wife is one kind of mate, and animals have mates too, chosen for reproduction and sometimes to assist in raising babies."

"I know that Oxford explanation!" I snarled. "I mean, why are you always implicating that.." I blew a harsh breath. "Why are you always calling me your mate?" there the right question.