Chapter 39

What good thing about this banquet is.. it was discreet and there was no media around. When we pulled up to the venue, the whole place was low key, despite the number of luxurious cars arriving.

I eased out of the car the same time as Alfiero. He looked grim as he noticed, however he quickly strode to my side. His personal valet took the keys and even Maddox was waiting behind us.

"Ready?" Fierce raised an eyebrow at me.

He offered his arm, and I nodded. "Yeah," I took it and looked around, trying to see if there were people who might be familiar with me, but there were none.

The usherette led us. I calmly walked along with Fierce, holding my hand firmly like as if assuring me.

"Please stay near me and don't wander around." he whispered in my ear.

His warm breath made me tingle. Instead of being nervous, he somehow made me feel at ease. Knowing that he was this close I felt somewhat safe.

"Noted," I smirked at him and paused when we reached the event.

The entire feast looked magnificent, with well organized servers, food, and splendid decorations. The yellow gold and black color theme gave a feeling of elegance and transported you back to the medieval period. I would commend this if it weren't for the Cosa behind this sumptuous and marvelous banquet.

A few of the guests turned their heads in our direction, and a few greeted Alfiero La Nostra, even asking about his father but no one asked about my presence. This meant that either they already knew me or they didn't care about my existence. It was funny how these people were almost foreign to me.

"If it isn't the infamous Alfiero La Nostra." a guy in his early thirties approached us.

"Enzo De Luca," Alfiero greeted him.

We both paused to acknowledge him as they exchanged handshakes. Then the man glanced at me. "And you must be.."

"Lioness Schultz," I sustained.

He extended his hand to me and I was about to accept it but Fierce grabbed my hand and held it to his side. The man named Enzo chuckled as he pulled out his hand.

"He's Tangerine's ex boyfriend." Fierce said nonchalantly. Like as if I care.

"And he's Tangerine's fiance." the man grimly said, a knowing smirk curving on his lips.

"Shut up," Fierce snorted and glanced at me as my hand loosened from his arm. "She's not my fiancee." I heard a little panic in his voice as he grabbed my hand firmly.

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Miss Lioness Schultz." Enzo smiled at me then he seriously stared at Fierce. "You shouldn't have brought her here. All eyes are on her, these people are just watching her every move, waiting for an opportunity."

I saw how Alfiero's demeanor turn dark as he went rigid beside me. "No one can touch her as long as I'm alive."

"Pero sa mga oras na ito dinala mo siya sa teritoryo ng kalaban. Hindi ko ito sinasabi bilang isang De Lucca kundi bilang isang matalik na kaibigan. This place is not safe for her."

"I know what I'm doing." Fierce coldly said.

"Just be careful, my father didn't only host this festivity for grandpa or to showcase his wealth to his friends and business associates but for something else.." he uttered seriously then he walked and tapped Alfiero's shoulder. "Enjoy the party, brother."

"Thanks,"

The man disappeared into the crowd and I only stared at Fierce who still remained stoic. We continued walking to our table ignoring Enzo's words but deep inside I was feeling odd.