Chapter 34

After the breakfast, I went home. Fierce offered me a ride home, I didn't refuse either. As I stepped out of Alfiero's car, there was only one lingering stare I got, and that was from Sadana.

The brute, I mean Fierce, and his chivalrous act made me a bit uncomfortable, but then we had already cleared things up before and drawn the line. So I know, if he's being nice and lets me sleep in his penthouse, it's because he's an ally.

But now that I was alone in my office when Sadana brought herself in. I know this is going to be a hard and long road.

I just put down the glass of water after taking an anti hungover pill. I was thinking of calling Storm, I owed him a talk after yesterday. But now that she's here without me asking her presence, I doubt what she neeeded from me.

"Yes?"

She breathed out loud. "You spent a night with him?"

My eyebrow rose in response to her outrageous question. Instead, I scoffed while cocking my head. "Last night, I was intoxicated, and I just so happened to stumble into him at the bar. As a gentleman, he welcomed me into his home. However, nothing else happened."

She let out a sigh. "If you say so."

"Anything else?" I inquired, raising my brow.

"Nothing."

I dismissed her before making a phone call. However, all of my calls went sent to his voicemail. I exhaled deeply and looked down at my phone. Storm and I, we should settle the score once and for all.

I decided to pay him a visit after all. I owed him a lot, and even I wanted to cancel the wedding, he would hold a special place in my heart. He became my friend.

His mom was the one whom I saw first as I was received at their house. Uncle Amer wasn't around at the moment. Aunt Sanaya was somehow cold as she saw me.

"He's not here." she said flatly.

"Where is he?"

"He's staying in his unit in Taguig."

I nodded and was about to leave when I heard a small commotion upstairs. Nakita ko rin ang pagka balisa ni aunt Sanaya. "Leave, Lioness."

But my instinct told me another story. I beat his mom and ran upstairs, I heard the commotion die down, and it was from their theater room. Hindi na ako napigilan ni aunt Sanaya at pumasok ako. The two servants looked surprised seeing me but then they bowed and exited the room.

My eyes roamed around, the dimly lit room was still the same contrast to what Storm had told me that it was under reconstruction. Everything seemed normal, but it felt something off. As my eyes darted at the huge screen, sandali akong natigilan..

Pamilyar sa akin ang lugar. It's too familiar it sent shiver to my spine. The place looked familiar, it was the Accademia Di Corleone, my old school.

I gazed down at the man in this room, he looked in deep sleep, I sighed and neared him. I took the next seat to him, my eyes softened looking at him. Bahagya ring napasinghap ng may ibang bagay akong naamoy sa paligid. Napapikit na lamang ako, my jaw clenched.

Nagkalat ang bote ng beer sa paligid. I felt guilty seeing him like this. This side of him, was too new for me. If he's been like this before we got close or during his teens, I wasn't sure.. He's been friends with like Rikki before. He only stopped seeing them, his old friends because of me.. not sure though.

"What happened to you?" I whispered, reaching for the strands of hair on his forehead. "Please don't say it's because of me."

I sighed and faced the huge screen at kaagad rin napaangat ng kilay. My lips pursed watching the scene..