Chapter 4

Beads of sweats have covered my face and my entire body but I wasn't yet done. I focused on the center of the bag and not the surface. While I threw a punches I imagined my arms were going through the bag but not trying to push it.

I launched some punches again, while keeping my balance. Trying hard not fall forward to the bag. I paid attention to the footwork while doing it again and again. If you paid attention to these, your punches would be much more powerful.

One more powerful hit and I was satisfied. Walking to the corner of the room, I pick up a bottled water. While drinking I could see him on the other side coming my way.

"It's late." mataman kong sinabi pagkababa sa bote ng tubig.

"Want more? I'm up for a session."

"No thanks, I'm good now." I said while wiping my excessive sweat around my face.

He nodded. I then headed to the door, I wanted to have a warm bath after that one. So later I could sleep better.

I halted from removing my clothes when I saw how my door knob moved. When he entered, our eyes locked.

"You can go home, Storm. It's late." I tilted my head to the side.

He stared at me for a moment but then he continued on my couch. He took the space like it was his own couch, like as if he owned that piece of my stuff. When he rested his back and eyes still remained on me, I sighed.

"Don't give me that look." I said in an even tone.

"I'm not, Uno."

"Yes, you do."

"Then tell me, what look I am giving you now?" his voice raised.

"A pity one!" I snapped. I was in controlled of my emotions but sometimes, it's hard to deal whenever he's giving me that kind of pity look.

"I am not!" he left my couch as he strode my way.

"Liar!" my eyes narrowed at him. "I know what your thinking, Storm. And even I wasn't a fan of your mom, we all know the truth! It's much clearer like a crystal now, I am just only using you!"

"Oh Sherlock! I have my own truth, want me to share it to you then?"

"Just leave." pagod kong wika at saka siya tinalukuran. But he stopped me by gripping my arm tightly.

"I'm not yet done, Lioness. Hear me out first, I want to tell you my truth." he pleaded. Unti unting lumuwag ang pagkakahawak niya sa akin but not totally letting go of me. "I care for you. You're not that hard to like."

I blew a harsh breath before facing him. His eyes met mine. "So, I'm a likeable one, then?"

A small smile crept on his lips. "Well, you less kicking my ass unlike before when we were teens, so.. I kind of not hating you now."

Napangiti na rin ako, who would have thought that from nemesis we were now hitting this road together like a partner. It's like from enemies to lovers. I frowned, lovers..

I felt his warm hug around me. It felt weird but then I think it's normal.

"Don't listen with other people-"

"But she is your mom-"

"Still.. don't listen to her. It doesn't matter to me. Whatever may be the other peole say or even my own mother. It doesn't matter." he breathed in. "You only matter to me. I care for you.. so much.."

My hands wrapped around him too. I know it's wrong to be a slave of your own dreams and ambitions, but at this time.. I was trying my very best to fulfill my promise to my father. To hold the legacy of our name. Even it means.. marrying a Graziano.