I Should Have Known Chapter 4

***Taylor’s POV***

I felt the car roll to a  gentle stop and the engine cut. Cale gently shook me awake saying that we were Home. I slowly lifted my head that had been resting against the window and swung my legs out of the car. As I walked into Cale’s house which was more of a home to me that my own I saw Ellie look up from the food she was making and her face went pale the second she saw me. She immediately ran up to me and evolved me in a big hug as I cried into her shoulder.

Ellie was Cale’s mom and she was more of a mom to me than my own. Well all of Cale’s family was more of a family to me than my own. Cale’s sister Beth who was 2 years older than us was away at her freshman year of college two towns over. She was always the sister I never had.

For goodness sakes this was my family! Ellie and Beth helped me get ready for my first date and Dan Ellie’s husband just decided to take out and clean his shotgun when my date came to pick me up. I had grown up at Ellie’s house and it always had something going on. I actually spent more time here than I did at my own house. My houses hadn’t been a home to me since I was 4 and I moved here.

I could hear Cale telling Ellie what had happened. Ellie just shook her head and rubbed small slow circles on my back. Finally Once I had calmed down enough to where the sobs weren’t racking my body she let go and lead me to the living room.

I immediately felt Cale sitting next to me and his arms wrap around me. Then I saw my favorite TV show come on. I chuckled Blair and Chuck were already fighting. Damn I loved Gossip Girl no matter how old it is. I felt cale move to where he was lying down on the length of the couch and I joined him.

My body had always fit perfectly into his I realized as I sunk into his warm embrace. Pretty soon I felt my whole body relax and I fell into a deep sleep in my best friend’s arms.  

***Cale’s POV***

I just saw a shoeless Taylor run by in a flash tears stream down her face. I turned around to see Dane calling after her hanging his head in shame when she wouldn’t turn around. WHAT THE HELL DID HE DO! I haven’t seen Taylor cry since the accident so many years ago. I didn’t even think I just went over to him and decked him in the nose so hard my knuckles were already swelling up.

I just left him lying on the ground with a bloody nose as I ran after Taylor. I finally caught up to her just in time too as I saw her sinking to the ground in front of my car. I picked her up and put her in the passenger seat and start driving home.

As soon as we got home mom just pulled her into her arms and comforted her as I told her what happened. I knew that we were gonna me watching some serious Gossip Girl. I put in her favorite episode and sat down waiting for her to come in.

The second she came in I couldn’t help my wrap my arms around her as she leaned into me. As I started to fall asleep I marveled for the hundredth time how perfectly her body fit in mine and how much I loved her.

***Author’s Note***

Hi everyone update as promised! I tried to make it longer but this was the best I can do! I changed the name once again to I Should Have Known! Sorry the other title just didn’t fit! I think this is the one thought! I even took the time to make myself a cover even though it isn’t very good. Also the picture of the lady at the side is Ellie Cale's mom. Love you all now back to writing.