I Should Have Known Chapter 8

***Recap***

As soon as Dane said  "I will win you back. I love you and I always will. And he will never get you, I will because I always win in the end."I wanted to scream at him to hell with you! This was never about winning this was about the girl I loved!

How can Dane be so low. So low as to think that I wanted this to happen. That I wanted my best friend’s heart to break into pieces. To have my best friend crying for the first time since the accident. To have to see that look of pain on her face while she tried so hard not to cry. Damn him I would have done anything to protect her from that. ANYTHING!

Besides what did he mean I would never get her. I already had her. She was my best friend I loved her. Then the realization hit me. I. LOVED. HER.

***End of Recap***

***Taylor’s POV***

I still couldn’t believe Ellie had asked me to move into her house! I was ecstatic with joy, I was finally going to really truly be part of this family! As Cale took the last of the boxes over to our house, wow our house sounded cool! I thought about all the memories of this house that I had collected over the years.

So many good fun days with my family. I remember making forts out of my bunk bed and kitchen chairs. We would always use all the extra blankets and sleep in the fort and play games. I remember if we were super lucky Mom and Dad would even spend the night in them with us!

I remember my birthdays growing up here. Waking up to mom making my favorite blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I would get to wake up to smelling them then eat them and get to open half my presents then and have to wait to open the other half that night. For dinner we would have whatever I wanted then mom would bring out my favorite marble chocolate and white cake for dessert! Then I would open the rest of my presents and spend the rest of the night with my family.

I grew up here. I grew from a short little girl with curly strawberry blonde hair to a young tall Women with long wavy strawberry blonde hair. As I turned around in the room everything seemed to flash before my eyes. All the memories and moments that I will love and cherish forever!

But as I walked through the rest of the house so many other memories haunted me. My parents face’s after the accident. My life after the accident, raising my self. Knowing my own parents didn’t love me anymore.

I know that it will take me years to ever forgive them. To forgive them for abandoning me. For blaming me. For everything they did to me. I knew it would take months and years to learn to love them again but what they had done had made me stronger. It made me who I was.

I looked at the radio in the corner and turned it on hoping that it could make my last time in my home a little bit more tolerable but instead “I’m Moving On” by Rascal Flatts came on that totally describes my life.

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons

Finally content with a past I regret

I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness

For once I'm at peace with myself

I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long

I'm movin' on

I've lived in this place and I know all the faces

Each one is different but they're always the same

They mean me no harm but it's time that I face it

They'll never allow me to change

But I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong

I'm movin' on

I'm movin' on

At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me

And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone

There comes a time in everyone's life

When all you can see are the years passing by

And I have made up my mind that those days are gone

I sold what I could and packed what I couldn't

Stopped to fill up on my way out of town

I've loved like I should but lived like I shouldn't

I had to lose everything to find out

Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere down this road

I'm movin' on

I'm movin' on

I'm movin' on

As I walked out the door I knew this was it. I was finally letting my demons free. I knew they wouldn't want me to be down here blaming myself for what happened. They would want me to be living my life to the max. They wouldn't want me to be blaming myself and hating every day that I lived that they didn't get to. Even if my parents did blame me. I'm done with it. I'm finally moving on.

***Author’s Note***

Hi everyone so here is the next chapter! Thank God you finally commented and voted enough for me to put it up! I felt like I poured my heart into this chapter and I think it is my best and longest yet! Please listen to the song with the chapter it really creates the mood for it! Love you all please comment/vote/fan! I also had super bad writers block for this chapter but I think it turned out awesome!  Also over 300 reads OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH PEOPLE!