𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

“What are you doing here?”

“We went out to hunt for our quench, but no matter how much I feed myself... I can't forget the smell of blood in the house. If I go back…”

“You'll want to sink your teeth into a human,” Rêverie completed, lying down next to Jasper. “That still doesn't explain what you're doing on my roof.”

“Last time being here made me forget, so I thought... it would work again,” he mentioned quietly.

“Do you want another story?” she asked teasingly, looking at Jasper with her blue eyes again and a sly smile on her lips.

There was no trace of the vengeful person from the night before.

“Don't do that.”

“What?”

“You don't have to pretend with me, I feel the emotions. No matter how well you act, you cannot fool me.”

“It's a habit.”

“How are they?”

“Jasper, what emotions are you sensing right now?”

“Only yours…”

“That's your answer.”

Seeing Rêverie's sad expression, Jasper realized that there was no one inside the house. It was just the two of them.

“And what happened to Bella?”

“You should get some sleep. Who knows? Maybe your bloodlust will go away when you wake up,” she commented. “What, Rumi didn't explain the changes to you after she asked me to reconvert you?”

“She did, it's just... it's still unnecessary for us so... we haven't tried to sleep yet.”

A blanket appeared covering his body as Rêverie's hand laid him on the roof.

“Sleep, Jazzie. I'll be here when you wake up,” she promised, patting his chest.

His emotions seemed to have found peace, it was a soothing feeling that encouraged him to close his eyes to enjoy it.

Rêverie watched Jasper's eyes close and minutes later his body move on its own, trying to find a comfortable position.

“Good night... mom…”