Chapter Eight

A few hours earlier the Pogues had made it to Jimmy's house, sneaking in through the back so they wouldn't be noticed.

But in typical Pogue fashion there was always one mishap- and that happened to be JJ freaking out as a crab sat on his boot.

The more he shook his foot around the more it stayed put, until finally he made the awful move to reach down and push it off, crying out in pain and jumping around as it pinched his thumb.

The other Pogues looked at him in disbelief, unsure wether to scold him or laugh at this point.

John B watched, slightly smiling then frowning as he thought about his sister- he knew she'd be the first to laugh then make sure JJ was okay.

He was worried about her, his baby sister- even though they were twins he considered her his baby sister since he was five minutes older, something he had always teased her about.

Was she alive? Had he lost the only piece of family he had left? He paused, looking over as Sage grabbed his arm.

" she's okay.. it's Ruby.." Sage reassured, gently kissing his bicep, " she's weaker now Sae.. she can't put up a fight.." he murmured, going inside.

Part of him blamed JJ, if he wasn't so quick to follow Ruby's every command maybe he could've gotten her out- or hell they could at least be together and she wouldn't be scared.

But another part of him understood, she was trying to keep JJ safe, but ended up being put in even more danger.

" Rubes..? Baby where are you..?" The panic in JJ's voice was becoming more apparent after each opened door came empty, no sign of Ruby anywhere.

" Ruby..?" John B called out, searching in closets for her- she was tiny, he figured she could be hidden in one.

" guys come here!" Pope called out and everyone rushed over, seeing him standing in front of a painting- it was of a burning ship.

" it's the San Jose.." Pope said, " that's where the merchant gold and the cross came from" John B said, examining the painting.

" yea whatever it's just about the gold. It's not about Ruby. It doesn't help us." JJ hissed and went back to searching.

They all paused- hearing Jimmy on the phone and getting closer to the house, all of them quickly forming a plan and running to hide.

Once the moment came JJ and Cleo jumped out, pinning Jimmy against the dining room table.

" where is she.." JJ growled, his eyes darkening, becoming more irritated as he laughed, " she's in a bad place man.. trust me you don't wanna go there.." Jimmy said, cringing as Cleo held her knife closer to him.

"tell me where the fuck she is!" JJ yelled, fisting Jimmy's shirt tighter, practically lifting him off the table.

Sage came over and held a bottle of hot sauce under Jimmy's chin, " was it Ward? Huh?" Sage demanded, sharing a look with Sarah.

Jimmy laughed again and shook his head, " who the hell is Ward? Look just don't cross the King Fish.." he said and JJ narrowed his eyes, watching as Pope held up an envelope, counting the money inside.

" don't touch my shit!" Jimmy yelled, JJ slamming him down against the table, "is that the payoff for Ruby Jimmy? Huh? Is that how much my girl is worth!" JJ yelled, getting ready to punch him.

John B stopped him, " we have an address and we have the money.. c'mon man let's bring her home.." he reasoned, JJ nodding and letting go of Jimmy's shirt.

He walked out, John B grabbing everyone clothes before running out to catch up with them.

It was time to bring her home.