Chapter Thirty Nine

Ruby stood on the front porch of Tannyhill, going over what she wanted to say in her mind, anxiously biting the inside of her cheek.

She never thought she'd be back here ever again, not after everything she'd gone through to get out, to not be trapped.

But this was for JJ.. she couldn't let him be sent away for however long just because he'd protected her.

Ruby knocked on the front door, adjusting her ponytail as Rafe opened the door, her lips twitched as she fought back a smile at seeing at the cuts and bruises on his face from JJ.

"What do you want?" Rafe asked, "I wanna make a deal." Ruby said simply and he laughed.

"Oh a deal?" He questioned, "I know your father is back in town. And well, if you want that to remain a secret I suggest you listen to me" Ruby said, smirking as Rafe's face paled.

"Fine. What?" Rafe asked, "I need your private jet and JJ out of jail" Ruby said and he scoffed, "we're going to Orinoco, I promise once you get us there? Me and JJ won't come back. Ever." Ruby said.

"Alright. Alright okay? You got 48 hours or I'm pressing the charges. I'll call you tonight to meet me" Rafe said and she nodded, turning on her heel and leaving.

Ruby must've sat on that bench outside of the jail all day, anxiously watching the doors and waiting, hoping Rafe had been truthful on his end of the deal.

Finally after what felt like an eternity, JJ came outside and Ruby stood up, making her way over to him.

"How- what?" He breathed out and she shrugged, "c'mon. Everyone's waiting at the chateau." She said casually and began walking.

Ruby glanced behind her, seeing JJ standing there for a moment and laughing to herself as he ran to catch up with her, wrapping his arm around her waist as her body leaned into his.

Once at the chateau, Ruby explained the plan to everyone, assuring Sarah it would be alright, but she still planned to talk to Ward on her own, not trusting her brother.

After that everyone split up inside, Ruby taking JJ to her room and closing the door.

The two of them talked for a while, then one kiss turned into two, and two turned into dry humping on her bed, ignoring the sound of her phone ringing as they got lost in each other.

Which is why when JJ pulled away from the kiss he froze, seeing flames surrounding her bedroom window.

"Fire- fuck there's a fire!" JJ said, Ruby scrambling off his lap and to put her shirt back on.

He ran out but she stayed, frozen in her spot- this was her and JJ's sanctuary, the place where so many of their memories were made. She couldn't just leave.

She grabbed her bag and threw all her favorite pictures into it, running out of her room just as the first beam fell.

She was trapped..