Chapter Thirty Six

The next morning Ruby came out onto the porch, watching as JJ slept on the couch.

She wanted to talk to him, to kiss him, but after last night she couldn't bring herself to. Right now she just wanted to be left alone.

She went to wake him up but paused for a moment before running inside, barely making it into the bathroom before throwing up.

Ruby felt JJ behind her a few minutes later, holding her hair back for her- god he was so difficult to stay mad at.

She sat on the floor and struggled to catch her breath, wiping the sweat away from her forehead.

"Rubes what's going on..?" JJ asked quietly, "I think it's just a stomach bug.. I'll be fine.." Ruby said and looked down.

"I kept telling her no.. I don't want her Rue.." JJ said, "You say that so easily.."Ruby said and he sighed.

"I thought we got over this Ruby.. I thought you've finally accepted that you're the only person I want.." JJ said and she looked up, "JJ.." she murmured.

"No- no she isn't going to come between us." He said and she looked down, fidgeting with her rings.

"I love you Ruby.. only you.."JJ whispered, gently cradling her face in his hands, "I love you too.." Ruby said quietly, resting her forehead against his.

After that he helped her clean herself up and take a shower, the two of them going back onto the porch and cuddling on the couch.

John B was still thinking of a way to get to South America, and so far nothing had come to mind.

But JJ being JJ said he had an idea, the two bickering back and forth until they saw Shoupe's Silverado pulling up.

The four of them scrambled inside, John B and Sage hiding underneath a table while JJ and Ruby hid in the hallway closet.

Their bodies were smushed together and of course JJ had decided to wear his red cut off, the one that made Ruby absolutely feral.

She didn't know what came over her, but now she had JJ pinned against the closet wall as she left marks on his neck, palming him over his shorts.

"Jesus fuck- what the hells gotten into you?" JJ gasped out as she fumbled with the button of his shorts.

Ruby didn't answer, instead she jumped up into his arms and wrapped her arms and legs around him, letting out a quiet laugh as JJ pinned her against the wall.

"I think it's the shirt" She breathed out, kissing him deeply and moaning against his lips as he pushed in.

They were so gonna get caught.