Chapter Ten

Ruby tapped on the window, trying to do morse code but it wasn't doing anything.

With an annoyed huff she went over to the bedroom door, banging her hand against it.

" What the hell are you doing?" Rafe groaned, putting the pillow over his head, but all Ruby did was continue banging on the door.

" Hey! Cut it out!" Rafe shouted, grabbing her arm, " don't touch me!" She hissed, yanking her arm away.

The door opened and they both looked over, " I have to speak to Mr. Singh." She said and the guard nodded before leading her out.

Ruby took a nervous breath as she stood across from Singh, " I think I can help you.." She said quietly and nodded, motioning for her to proceed.

" I can get you another copy.. My history teacher gave us the first one so I'm sure he wouldn't mind replacing ours.." She explained, sitting across from him.

" But in order for that to happen I need you to let me go.. I can't have anything suspicious going on otherwise this plan is as good as gone." She said," and how do I know you'll keep your word?" He asked and she took a shaky breath.

" Send Rafe with me. He gets a thrill on saying everything I do wrong. He'll have no problem telling you if I stray away from the plan." She said and crossed her arms, " funny.. You two don't get along" he said and her face paled.

" I want to help you.. Just all I ask is nothing happens to my friends.." She pled, both of them pausing as his phone went off.

Singh chuckled darkly, showing Ruby a picture of John B and Sage tied up, "how funny. Looks like our friend Portis has sent a message from beyond the grave" he said and Ruby stood up.

" Please. Please don't do anything." She pled, her heart racing as he turned to one of the guards after sending a text back, " the one she is engaged to.. JJ. Kill him first" Singh said and Ruby lunged at him.

" No! No don't you fucking touch him!" She screamed, kicking her legs in the air as the guard picked her up.

She was thrown back into the room, tears streaming down her face as she anxiously paced around, running her hand through her hair.

In the hotel JJ paced around, staring at the phone and waiting for a message back, his anxiety was through the roof.

Would this work? Was she even alive? Were they doing this for nothing..?

JJ froze and shook his head, his stomach churning at the thought.

He sat down and held his head in his hands as tears streamed down his face.

He just wanted her back.