Chapter Forty Two

Positive. The pregnancy test was positive, there was no denying the solid two lines on the stick.

Ruby slumped back against the bathroom door, her hand cradling her stomach as her thoughts raced- she couldn't let anything happen to her baby.

She nodded once to herself and climbed up onto the sink, desperately trying to get the window open.

The same men rushed in and dragged her down, Ruby screaming the whole way as they dragged her to a different cabin.

It was called the reflection cabin, it was dark and gloomy, there was no life in here at all.

Ruby sat on the floor and sobbed, her hand clutching her stomach to keep herself grounded.

Meanwhile JJ was on the phone with Ricky, desperately trying to get the directions to Kitty Hawk, his foot almost to the floor as he sped down the road.

"Ricky- screw your chickens man! Just tell me how to get there!" JJ yelled anxiously, " alright! Alright dude chill" Ricky said.

Finally he got the directions from him and started hauling ass there, groaning as the tire popped.

"Son of a bitch.." JJ muttered and got out, getting the spare tire out of the bed, pausing as he saw the black mustang.

He swallowed hard and dropped the tire, taking a shaky breath as Barracuda Mike got out.

Fuck this wasn't good..

Meanwhile in the cabin Ruby hung upside down in the bed, her eyes lazily scanning over the scribbled writing on the bed and walls.

Her eyes drooped shut from exhaustion, getting lost in her own head.

*******

Ruby squinted from the dull lighting, hearing hushed voices as she made her way over, scanning the area.

She froze as she saw all her friends, only they didn't look too pleased to see her.

"Guys..?" Ruby said quietly, "how could you? You know we needed to help dad. We couldn't because of you." John B growled.

"W-what?" Ruby breathed out, "you left me Rubes." JJ said and she turned, "no.. no I didn't J.." She said.

Her heart raced as Kiara placed her hand on JJ's chest, pulling him into a kiss.

Ruby went to lunge forward to stop them but they both disappeared into a cloud of smoke.

"JJ! JJ come back! Come back please!" Ruby cried, frantically searching for him but the space was empty.

"Ruby.." A familiar voice crooned and she stiffened, swallowing hard as she slowly turned around.

Rafe..