Chapter Forty Five

Ruby stood in the field with JJ as Barracuda Mike loaded the plane, she'd changed back into her regular clothes, eager to feel the breeze against her heated skin.

"Are you sure about this?" JJ asked, "hey it's a chance to go to South America right..? Just like we wanted.." Ruby said and nudged her hip against his.

He shook his head with a laugh and kissed her temple, helping her into the plane.

"Destination one baby, let's go!" He cheered, high-fiving her, "destination one" She agreed, intertwining her fingers with his.

She tried to sleep but she couldn't, she wasn't exactly a fan of airplanes, and well her last ride on one ended terribly.

"So what all happened..?" JJ asked, "they gave me a shit ton of sedatives.. after that I don't really remember much.." Ruby said honestly.

She didn't tell him she was pregnant, hell she was still even in shock about herself, how could she tell him? She knew he would spiral.

JJ looked over at Ruby and frowned, it was obvious she was holding something back from him and he didn't like it.

"I actually passed a drug test.." She said, a little proud of herself, "yea you uh.. you haven't smoked with me in awhile.." he noted.

"just haven't felt like it.." she said with a shrug, "Rubes you're always up to smoke" he said with a doubtful look.

"I just haven't been feeling the best lately.." Ruby said, rubbing her thumb over her stomach, "are you sick..?" JJ asked, shifting closer to her.

She shook her head no and he nodded, not questioning her any further.

Early the next morning they both had put on clean clothes and cleaned up the best they could.

JJ was reading over the map while Ruby was putting her bandanna over her braids, adjusting her crotchet crop top.

She went over and sat on his lap, reading the map with him and also thinking of the best way to tell him the news.

"What if we can't find them..?" Ruby asked, fidgeting with her 'J' necklace, "then uh.. free vacation baby. Destination one right? We'll find some boards and surf our hearts out" JJ said and rubbed her back.

Ruby nodded and laid her head against his shoulder, relaxing as JJ kissed the top of her head.

She couldn't wait to tell him.