Chapter 2

10 years prior 

10 years prior 

"Okay, give me a second." I hung up the phone then quietly walked through my house. I'd be a fool to wake up my mom. I crept to my bathroom. I shimmied out of the window onto a stack of boxes I placed there earlier.

Noah's truck was two houses down. I ran quickly hopping into the front seat. He kissed me deeply, passionately. I loved him with every fiber of my being. We started dating my sophomore year of high school. He was a junior with the silkiest green eyes. I laced my fingers with his. Our skin contrasted perfectly.

"I didn't think you were going to come. I can't believe little Ms. Goody goody snuck out of her house. I'm a bad influence." He teased.

"At least you know. If my mom kills me you better come to my funeral." I laughed.

He drove around as we talked about our day. I hadn't seen him in two days and in high school that feels like forever. He lives about thirty minutes from me, but with football practice he couldn't always come over. We spent most of our weekends together.

We met through an after school tutoring organization. He signed up to tutor sixth grade math while I did seventh grade reading and science. At first, I disliked him. He was a show off and know-it-all. Now he's my everything.

Noah parked his truck on a back road close to my aunt's farm where I knew it was safe.

We looked up at the stars, holding hands, kissing every now and then, but I didn't want to take it further than that. He understood.

Prior to him, I hadn't given losing my virginity a thought. I knew I wanted to wait for someone special, but when Noah came around I wanted him.

"Thank you, Kassie. I know you don't want to get in trouble, but I'm so happy to see you." He kissed my lips over and over again. His hands traveled under my shirt. He began to moan then pulled his hand away. "My little angel. My delicate girl. You're something special Kassandra."

His words melted me. I loved him, but I didn't know how to show that. I didn't want my body to be the way.

We talked under the stars until two in the morning.

"I have to go home, Noah." I whispered sadly. I have a volleyball game tomorrow that means early practice. I need at least three hours of sleep.

"I know I just don't want to let you go."

Our relationship was always like that neither of us wanted to let go. My heart intertwined deeply with his. I'd never loved a person related or not as much as I loved him.

The ride back to my house was quiet. Then he said it.

"I love you Kassandra."

My heart was beating so fast I thought I might faint. "I love you too Noah." We shared a simple kiss before I snuck back into my house. Everyone was still asleep.