Chapter 6

8 years prior 

"Let's go to Sonic for lunch today

"Let's go to Sonic for lunch today." Kelsey said. She has a major addiction to their cheese sticks and slushies.

"Yes, let's." Shantelle agreed. "Kass are you coming?"

"Not today Noah called. He wants to have lunch together." I replied.

"Of course he does." Christa laughed.

''You're really blessed Kassie. I hope you know that." Jade added. She was now four months pregnant and having a little girl. Jonathan was having a hard time grasping the fact that he was going to be a dad in July. We made sure to give her every ounce of support she needed.

"Thanks Jade." I responded. Raven ran over to us.

"Did y'all hear what happened?"

"No, bitch what?" Kelsey basically screamed.

"Coach Fraiser got arrested this morning. Dawn's parents found out what happened." We all collectively gasped.

"What's gonna happen to my man?" Shantelle yelled.

"Girl, shut the hell up." Kelsey said as we all laughed. I'm sure if Shantelle had the option she would put money on his books. The entire school was awry. Lunch couldn't come fast enough, I had to tell Noah the latest drama. He texted me when he was outside the school. I ran to his truck hopping into the front seat.

"Hey," I planted a simple kiss on his lips.

"Hey baby girl, I have something for you." Noah handed me a dozen roses.

"Thank you." I smiled then took the card to read it.

"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love you more than I love myself. Kassandra, I'll always cherish our love." My eyes watered. I wanted to keep my emotions in, but they got away from me. Tears ran down my face for the first time in years.

"Thank you, I love you so much." I wrapped my arms around Noah taking in his smell. My favorite smell, his body wash mixed with his cologne. I wish that I could stay in his arms forever, but I only have a thirty minute lunch.

"Where would you like to eat?" We finally released each other. 

"Any place is fine. I only have twenty minutes left." I checked the time on my phone. 

"Dairy Queen?" Noah knows I love Dairy Queen, their ice cream more than anything else. I could eat three banana splits and a huge burger.

"Yes!" We ordered our food, sat in his truck and ate. "Are you okay?" Those words were on my mind. I noticed his green eyes didn't shine so bright.

"I've been up all night." A deep sigh left his lips.

"Why baby?" I asked, looking into his eyes, trying to read the situation going on between us.