Chapter 27

"What do you need, dad?" I didn't want his apology

"Son, I owe you a lot. I'm not sure if you noticed, but you're the only reason I didn't end my life after Marsha's death."

"You had a horrible way of showing it."

"I should've been a far better father to you Steven. I don't want you to think I don't love or care for you. Financing a lifestyle doesn't make me an involved father. If I could do it over again. I'd change my entire life, but always have you."

My mind wouldn't tune him out.

"Save your apology dad. You've moved on. It's fine, I'm fine."

"You deserve an explanation whether you think you do or not. Anytime you want to talk, call me." My dad placed his hand on my shoulder then walked out of the room.

My emotions took a back seat as I danced around the living room with Kassie. She wouldn't let me out of her arms.

"Kyla, come save daddy." I spoke as our daughter ran towards me.

"So rude." Kassandra replied as I picked up Kyla, twirling her around the room.

My dad and Meredith left our house at 10 pm. I laid Sebastian and Kyla down for bed an hour after that. They were definitely tired from the festivities. I expect them to sleep until nine or so in the morning. I used that time to shower until I heard Ms. Patrice call my name.

"Steven, come get your wife." She laughed as I walked out of the room. Kassie was laying on the couch partially asleep singing as the speaker played in the background.

"Come on baby girl." I lifted her up.

"I love you so much." Kassie kissed my lips and tried to wrap her legs around my waist. I pushed her legs back down on the floor as Ms. Patrice offered to help me carry her.

"No, I have her." I replied. Kassandra's body weight is light work, it's her wiggling that made it hard. I finally threw her over my shoulder. Kassie squealed then laughed. "Stop it." I said as my wife tried to pull my pants down. Kassandra laughed again.

Her laugh made a smile stretch across my face.

"You want to shower?" I asked.

"A bath please." Kassie answered with her eyes closed as I sat her down on the edge of our bed. The water in the tub was super hot like she preferred. I only filled the tub halfway because she was drunk. The thought of her accidentally slipping under didn't appeal to me. She slowly undressed looking amazingly beautiful.

Her long legs stepped out of her black thong holding onto my shoulder for support. She pulled her dark purple shirt over her head. Kassie's hand repeatedly slipped as she attempted to unbutton her bra.

"Can you help me?" She smiled with her eyes closed. I unclasped her bra, throwing it into the laundry hamper.

"Take those off." I said, reaching down to remove the socks from my wife's feet. I guided her into the bathtub watching her sink down into the water. "Sit up."