Chapter 24

This cannot be my wife

This cannot be my wife. I watched as Kassie danced on Raven like she would with me. She's never going on another "Girls' Trip". She rarely posts on social media, but I've watched her every step through her instagram videos. The day started off innocently. Now my wife is on one thousand.

I can't deny how beautiful she looks. The videos made me miss her. Ms. Patrice came into town to watch Sebastian and Kyla for a week while their mom partied it up in Cancun. 

It looks like she's having the time of her life. I felt confident that her friends would keep her safe. Plus Kassandra knows her limits. My phone pinged, it was a video of Kassie singing how much she loves me. I laid my head on the pillow and laughed. 

I brought Sebastian into our room for the night. Kyla would be fine. Kassie has a sixth sense about when one of our babies is crying. My hearing at night is poor and I don't want my son to turn red crying his lungs out.

Every time I put my hand on Kassie's side of the bed, I'm reminded that she isn't here. I was back in my house, lonely and missing her, but this time I had my son and daughter. I knew Kassandra would return.

I watched Kassie's instagram story until I fell asleep. I woke up twice with Sebastian. I can tell he misses his mom. He tried to snuggle under me, but when he realized I wasn't Kassie his lips quivered and that turned into a full blown cry. Ms. Patrice helped when she could, but I didn't want to bother her at night.

The morning came quickly. My body barely had the energy to wake up. I appreciate Kassandra a million times more than I already did. My wife manages to wake up with a smile on her face after being exhausted all night.

She called me  at 7 am. to video chat with the kids. "How are you up?" I questioned.

"I set an alarm on my phone so I could talk to you, Kyla and Sebastian before you left for work." Her eyes were barely open. I turned the phone towards Sebastian. Kyla was still sleeping. "I miss my baby boy so much." Sebastian immediately started crying which made Kassie cry. "Do you think I should come home?"

"No, baby girl. Have a good time. You deserve to enjoy yourself. I love you."

"I love you too." Kass replied. I hung up, I only had fifteen minutes to leave the house and I was barely dressed. I've never been this late before, not even when Kassie and I make love in the morning. I finally made my way to the kitchen. Ms. Patrice passed me a plate and coffee. I ate in two minutes then headed out the door.

My eyes burned as I attempted to complete my work on time. Around noon, two representatives from HR came into my office. They had previously taken a statement from me about the situation with Evelyn. I did provide them with all the videos of Evelyn in my office. I also printed any text I sent her.

"Mr. Henderson, we came to apologize for any inconvenience our investigation caused. We have closed the case due to lack of evidence, along with your proof. Please let us know if you have any questions." They left as quickly as they walked in. I was grateful to have this incident behind me.