Chapter 21

"You said you didn't touch her, Steven

"You said you didn't touch her, Steven." Kassandra walked away from me.

"I didn't." I told her over and over again, but Kassie didn't believe me.

"How can she say sexual harassment if you never laid a finger on her? Why would I actually believe you only talked to her? I must be stupid. Here I am pregnant with your son, taking care of your daughter being treated like shit while you're having sex with someone else." Kassie's voice rose and fell with her words as she clenched and unclenched her fist.

"Kassandra, stop." I grabbed her arms, making her face me. "I did not sleep with her. I haven't slept with anyone else since I met you." Her body collapsed into mine as she sobbed against my chest. "I would never Kassie. I promise you, I didn't have sex with her. I swear I didn't touch her."

I stood there as Kassie wiped her eyes. "It's too much Steven. I can't." She backed away from me.

"Kassandra." I lowered my tone when Kyla walked towards me. My daughter reached for me so I took her in my arms. I walked into Kassie's room as she sat in the rocker feeding our son. I saw a single tear drop from her eye to Sebastian's shirt.

I gave her time to cool down. The fact that she thought I'd sleep with someone else was inconceivable. There wasn't any part of me that wanted to be with anyone other than Kassie. I took my vows seriously. Kassandra needs reassurance and I've done that our entire relationship. I've kept women at arm's length because I didn't want her to worry about me ever cheating on her.

I should've taken Deborah's advice and moved smarter. My decision to confide in Evelyn was idiotic. Every possible solution went through my mind. I knew that if there was any type of harassment suit she'd need evidence, but there is none. She would've mailed that to Kassie's house with the recordings. Kassandra stood in front of me. I wasn't sure what to say.

"I want to watch them." She said with a straight face. "I'm trying to trust you, but it's hard."

"Understandable. I'll pull the videos up for you." I replied, giving her my phone.

Two years ago, I installed cameras in my office. Someone had been stealing and I wanted to catch whoever it was. I couldn't place cameras everywhere, so I only set up two behind my desk. I caught the thief. 

Now, I mainly use the camera's to rewatch Kassandra and I having sex. I put the videos on a speed that moved quickly, but she could see everything clearly.

"You can keep it as long as you need there's nothing on them." Kassandra stormed off with my phone in her hand to the bedroom. I kept an eye on the kids for two hours while Kassie relaxed.

She walked out the room trying to contain her smile. "It's still your fault for talking to her." Kassandra handed me my phone. My wife was rarely wrong, but thank god this is one of those times.

"I agree, but I'd never sleep with anyone else. " I replied. "I love you too much." I caressed her bottom lip with my thumb and looked into her eyes, kissing her softly.