Chapter 30

"I'm sure you'll think of something great, Kass

"I'm sure you'll think of something great, Kass. Just let me know." My dad, Meredith and the twins are arriving home tomorrow and Kassie wants to have a welcome home dinner. Which means she is asking me a thousand questions that she doesn't want me to answer. She just likes me to listen while she talks to herself.

My thoughts paused when a loud bang then screeching came from the hallway. I paged my secretary, but didn't get a response. After our trip to Portugal, Ms. Deborah decided to retire. I agreed with her decision. She spent a week training her replacement. A friend of hers, named Janet. I stood up to go see what the commotion was about, but my door flew open almost hitting me in the face.

"Mom, what the hell are you doing here?" I was genuinely shocked to see her. 

"You know why I'm here. Not only did you take my grandchildren from me. You let your dad marry some bimbo." She yelled, throwing a cup of hot coffee in my face.

The burning sensation briefly blinded me. I wiped my eyes as security restrained her. The lobby outside my office was completely trashed. My secretary was on the floor. I could feel the worker's compensation form coming.

"Restrict her access to the building. I never want to see her again."

"Tell your dad to enjoy raising those mongrels." Before I could react Janet slapped her. Security looked at me and I shook my head no. She shouldn't be punished for defending herself.

Three security guards dragged my mom out the building kicking and screaming. She didn't even look like herself. Her actions mimicked those of a deranged lunatic. The police forced her to leave the premises. I can't believe this is the woman who gave birth to me. 

After the janitors cleaned the lobby, I gave my secretary a week off with pay.

I attempted to finish my work, but my fingers wouldn't type. My mind replayed the fiasco over and over again. I gathered my briefcase and left the office.

I walked through the door of our new house. I could hear Kassandra on the phone with Raven.

"I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend. My mom already has Ky and Bash this weekend. I don't want to over burden her."

"Kassandra, your mom literally loves you and never tells you no. You have to come. " Raven was persistent.

"I'll talk it over with Steven then I'll call you back." Kassie replied then turned her attention to me. 

"What have I told you about eavesdropping?" Kassie asked with a smile. "And why are you home so early?"

"I just..."

"Steven, baby,  what's wrong? What happened?" She interrupted walking towards me.

"How do you know something's wrong?" I questioned her.

"Because you're my husband. I know you." Kassie replied, sliding my suit jacket off. "Bath or shower?"

"Shower." I answered.