Chapter 19

I spent the majority of the day in my bedroom

I spent the majority of the day in my bedroom. I just don't understand why Josephine wants to make my life miserable. I could deal with her personality, but to involve my children is downright evil. She has no right to see them. I was sure we could build a case against her, especially with some of the disparaging messages she sent me at the beginning of Steven and I's relationship.

"Can I get you anything?" Steven walked in with our son in one arm and our daughter in the other.

"No, but I need to feed Sebastian." I propped myself up so I could breastfeed my little boy.

"You haven't eaten all day Kassie. Would you like French toast with strawberries, Chicken Parmesan or tacos?" Steven listed off my favorite foods. "I can make all of them."

"Can you make me a strawberry smoothie and add a bit of protein powder? Thanks." Talking made me tear up so I kept my words to a minimum. I didn't feel this low when Steven and I took our break. I looked at my almost two month old son, I can't imagine passing him off to someone he doesn't know. I blocked those thoughts from my mind as I waited for Steven to return.

My mom, Moriah, and Raven continually called to check on me. The words to convey what I felt evaded me so I pretended like I was fine and the situation didn't bother me. It worked well for Moriah and Rae, but my mom saw right through that. She promised she would  make sure that never happened. We both laughed when she said she isn't too old for jail. It provided some relief to the seriousness of the conversation.

"Here's your smoothie baby girl. I cut up some fruit just in case you want to eat those too." Steven kissed my lips at least twenty times today and it was only 5 pm.

Every moment of our relationship flashed before my eyes. I could've saved myself so many tears if I'd never looked his way, but my babies wouldn't be here. I can't picture my life without them. The more I thought about it I couldn't imagine it without my husband either. After Noah's death, Steven literally loved me back to life. This has been a difficult year for us, but I can't discount the others that were damn near perfect.

"Kyky, come here." I hugged my daughter. I didn't want them to be affected by my mood. I tickled my daughter until her little cheeks turned red. "Let's read a book." I read a Baby Animal book at least four times a day. Chicka-chicka-boom-boom was a close second. I tried to keep Kyla up until her bedtime, but she fell asleep early. I laid her down in my bed for now.

My sweet baby girl snores louder than her dad when he's tired. I took the time to comb her hair while she slept. This way I could complete it with minimal crying. Kyla cried when I looked at her hair, put a comb in it and she'd deserve an Academy Award.

Steven stood in the door frame, I looked up at him.

"Baby girl, I'm sorry but I absolutely have to work tomorrow. I have a presentation and four meetings. Would you like to come to the office or I can check in with you every hour." Tomorrow was Monday and I had no interest in him leaving the house, but I understand that he has to work to provide for our family.