~25~

As Padme and I round the corner into the Younglings quarters, we realize it's an ambush as clones step out of the shadows.

 I block a gut hit from one of them hidden behind the lip of the door. I knock his weapon away , pierce him through his heart and kick him back. Others ascend on us and Padme begin to pick them off.

I cut another down and shove him off me. One swings the butt of his gun at my head but I duck. He swipes at my feet and before I knew it, I was on my back. He hovers over me and I pierce his heart as well. I kick him over me and roll to a stance once again.

"Why are they doing this?!", Padme yells over gunfire.

"I don't know! But I'm gunna find out!", I yell back, reflecting shots away from us.

As I look around the chamber, not one Youngling is in their beds. And I do not smell my Mother's signature lavender oil anywhere.

"No", I mutter.

     An angry grunt comes from behind me and I slide out of the way in time to allow a clone to pass. They recover and I lower my gaze to a threatening one, holding my saber out beside me.

He whips his wrist and 6 inch blades shoot out. Then he begins swiping at my stomach with the other. I jump back, twirling my saber angrily.

I block the left and right, left and right swing up and down, backbend the avoid one to my neck.

When I come back up it's time for my own backhand swing. He tried another overhand stab and got the better of me. I block one blade with my saber and his wrist with my hand. Then he threw his helmet forward and head butted me.

He used this time to slam me into a wall twice with his hands wrapped around my neck. Not only does my saber clatter to the floor but so does my transmitter.

   I gasp for air but tense my shoulders, grab his wrist then reach around and grab his finger-pulling it as hard as I can towards him until I hear a sickening pop.

He screams in pain at his now broken finger then draws his hand back and uses the blade to stab through my left shoulder.

I let out a bloodcurdling scream and that's when my purple blade pierces through his chest behind him.

He goes limp and falls. I scream as he pulls the blade out with him.  He hits the floor and I push on my shoulder, pulling my hand back to see blood. 

I push on it again and my gaze lifts to see Padme switch my saber off.

"Are you alright!?", she rushes to my side. My eyes fall shut and I nod.

"I'll be fine", I insist and lean against the wall."I have a high pain tolerance...Thank you."

"Don't mention it", she said, holding my saber out to me.I take it from her."Thought he almost gotcha there for a moment."

"So did I", I breathe out,  bending to pick my transmitter up. 

    "Princess Nova?', a small voice rings out and I stop.

I kneel down to look under a bed and a girl with big tear stained green eyes looks back at me.

"Gillian!", I gasp as she climbs out from under the bed. She throws her arms around me and I wince a little."Oh, are you alright?"

She pulls back and her eyes find my shoulder."You're hurt."

"I'm ok", I nod."Are you?"

"Yes", she whispers.

"Gilly, where is everyone?", I ask.

"They took them. They took everybody! I was so scared, I hid!", she says, bursting into tears.

"It's alright", I say and she clings to me once again.

I look to Padme and she shakes her head, holstering her blaster."Where did they take them, Gilly? It's very important you try to remember."

"Somewhere called the Dead Sector?", she sniffs.I feel my face go slack.

"We need to leave. Now", I stand.

       Low laughter erupts from my transmitter and I scrunch my eyebrows at it.

"Don't waste your time...theirs is running out",  said the voice. 

I hold it out in front of me to see a hologram of all the younglings held captive, and my Mother along with them.

"I told you Princess, I'd be seeing you again real soo-"

I couldn't handle it anymore and smashed it again the floor. It scatters in a million pieces around us. Regret floods through when my shoulder throbs in pain.

"We need to get you to a medic-"

"I don't have time! We have to go!", I wave Padme off. I fight back tears, but turn back to them and bend down to Gilly.

 "Listen, I need you to keep up with me. When I move, you move. I need you to be very brave for me, alright?" 

"Like a knight?", she asks.

"Like a knight", I nod."Can you do that?"

She nods back and takes a hold of my hand as we walk out of the trainee hall.

A clone begins to get up and come after us, but Padme shoots him a couple more times we as leave.