~31~

A few days later, I sit at a table in the Temple cafeteria and shovel in a forkful of hash browns every few seconds. It'd been a while since I had a vision and I forgot just how hungry it makes me afterwards. 

I had'my seen Anakin anywhere since that one morning, and I had to admit although I couldn't care less-a deep pit in my stomach made me curious as to why I had'nt seen him around.

I brought the prophecy book with me to read between free periods and was desperately searching for anything I might have missed. I had'my slept in days, and I read this thing over a million times. Back to front even, but one thing that caught my eye, was the fact  it the two witnesses were said to endure seven years of tribulation. 

It made me wonder just how long this war had been going on, and if my partner was experiencing it as well. Was it already beginning the 7 years? Or just getting started?

Another thing, was the fact it mentioned something about a planet called "Earth",-which leads me to believe this task travels dimensions, and maybe even jumps universes. And that when one witness dies, the task jumps to the next person in line.

So my questions now are, if I'm one of the two-who's the other? Who and where are they?

"Nova-breathe. I don't think they're going anywhere", Echo scoffs next to me. I looked down to notice I'd eaten almost the whole plate of hash browns in a matter of seconds. I finish chewing then sigh and sit back, sipping my Coke.

"Is it alright if I copy the end of your summary for our biology exam? I don't want him to think I was fucking off entirely. I just haven't had time", he asks.

"Well you know, we did just have an attack on the Temple. It's taking everyone a few days to adjust and get back to normal", I nod. I close my book and set it next to me.With a roll of my eyes, I nod and wiggle my fingers at him. He smiles and hands over his notebook.

"Whatcha reading anyway?", he nods to the book.

"Just something for history", I shrug, beginning the jot dow the conclusion. I make sure to copy Echos handwriting, as I had it photographically memorized.

"Won't he know?", he asks. I take a deep breath in without looking up.

"Echo, in all the years I've known you, I've learned to duplicate your chicken scratch", I mutter and raise an eyebrow."It is'nt hard, believe me."

"It can't be that bad", he says, leaning over my shoulder to see.

"It's official. I've finally cracked Obi Wan", Ahsoka says as she plops down in the seat before us with her tray of food.

"What'd you do this time?", I ask, not looking up from the notebook.

"Rex and I were messing around in the hanger and my lightsaber fell and ignited, then it started rolling towards a few fuel tanks. Obi Wan was freaking out, but I snatched it back before it could do any damage", she says."Then he walked away to get an aspirin."

I look up to her from under my brow. My eyes find the paper again as I shook my head.

"Sounds about right", I smirk."That poor man is gunna have greys before we know it and, we'll indefinitely be the cause."