~34~

As I enter the loud room full of flashing lights, I push myself around dancers and make a B-line for the door. I swerve around a table, one of the men sitting there taps my arm.

"Hey, can we get another round? I tried to ask the other lady, but her tray was full. Uh, 2 Jet Juices and 2 Revnogs, right?", he asks his friends.

"I'm not a waitress, but the bars right over there", I motion with my head. 

I turn to leave when he grabs my arm again, only tighter. I turn back and send him a warning in my eyes. 

"You look awful familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?", he says, his eyebrows furrow together in thought.

"No. You don't", I say and go to walk away, but his grip has'nt left my arm. 

"Your General Godfrey's daughter, aren't you? The Princess?", he asks. I'm dead silent as I feel my stomach form into a ball.

I could just throw up on him. Pretty sure anybody would let you go after something like that.

"You should sit down and have a drink with us. It'd be our pleasure", another suggests.

 My gaze shifts between them. I see the guns on their belt.  I did'nt have to search their mind to find out who and what their line of work was. I finally collect myself and smile politely, as the last thing I needed was a scene caused.

"That's much appreciated, but I'm sorry. I'm going to have to decline", I say taking my arm back. I nod my exit."Gentlemen."

As I turn, another extremely tall man blocks my path. I glare up at him and glance over my shoulder as the other men at the table stand to block any other exits.  I turn back and glare daggers into his soul, he smirks back down at me.

"You know, it's not wise to be rude to your future subjects...your Highness", the first man comments. My fists ball up at my side.

"Let me go now, or regret it later", I deadpan.

 The smirk slips off the tallest goon's face as he hisses in pain, but it was'nt my doing. The all too familiar warm feeling materializes beside me.

"Is there a problem here?"

I look up to see him looming over us, glaring between the men equally. The man holding me there smirks and holds his hands up in surrender.

"No. No problem at all", he shifts his feet. 

I back away from the men, and Skywalker moves slightly to allow me passed him. 

"No problem at all", the man cocks his head.

I recover and remember what I came here to do.  Darting out of the club, I hit the street.  It's when I move around the front  of my ship that I see the door had been smashed in. I scoff.

People begin screaming up the street, and I look up to see a bright pair of lights racing towards me. It picks up speed once it sees me and I tuck and roll to crouch behind another car, right as it crashes into my own. 

Parts of metal and shattered glass fly everywhere. I hide my face in my robes as people scream and scatter the area.

Mercenaries. They had to have been waiting. I should have known.

The three men from earlier exit the door of the club and begin searching around for me. I unclip my weapon from my belt and it waits patiently by my side.