What if? Shion and the citizens didn't get resurrected. Part 7.

YUUKI KAGURAZAKA POV
"This is certainly an unfavorable situation….."
I muttered under my breath as I looked at chaos just waiting to happen.

'How did things come to this anyways?'
I mused as I prepared to teleport away, leaving this problem for the good fellows duking it out a few miles away.

I thought back to how all this started.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Grandmaster."
"Old man."
I exchanged greetings with the man in front of me.
This man was someone of immense influence, even if it was not publicly known.

He was one of lubelius' seven luminaries, also the one pulling the strings of the western council. A man that formerly held the title of hero.

Now, I actually maintain a semblance of contact with this man, but now he's reaching out to me for some reason.

"Is there a reason why you have called on me today?"

This guy actually came here through spatial motion, he popped in randomly and he had me really curious.

"Hmm, straight to the point. Well, I am here because I have an interesting deal that you must take now if you want to capitalize on it."

"Hoh, is this related to that Falmuth kingdom?"

"I have a feeling it is, though I do not have concrete proof. You know who lubelius' true ruler is, no?"

"I have an idea, it's related to the demon Lord valentine right?"

"Of course, it is ruled by the demon Lord valentine, a vampire"

Hmm, I see where this is going, somewhat.
This man dislikes the idea of humanity being under the rule of monsters and the like.

I can surmise that this "deal" as he calls it, is something that will deal a significant blow to the demon Lord. Though that has been done enough with lune getting wiped out.

Yes I knew, I was just playing dumb. In negotiations it's best to not show your hand too quickly.

"A vampire huh, so what does that have to do with me?"

"Before we get to that, have you heard any news about lune?"

"Huh? Lune? What kind of news? I'm afraid I'm in the dark about this."

"Let me tell you then, it appears lune has been wiped out by an unknown entity. The city and all its inhabitants are now debris and dust."

He paused, trying to gauge my reaction. I responded in kind, doing my best to fake a reaction appropriate for the situation.

"Huh? What do you mean wiped out? How can an unknown entity get past the barriers? What about Hinata and the ten great saints?" I asked in a voice of disbelief, further emphasizing it by continuous questions that implied wariness and anxiety.

Granbell Rozzo still observed me for a few seconds, he then continued his spiel.

"Indeed so, now the fact that all those humans are dead is indeed sad, but if looked at in another light, they are now free from being used like livestock. In order to not put their sacrifice to waste, I have come to you with this proposal."

"I understand, can I hear the details now?"I said as I sighed in "resignation".

"Of course, in hopes that you can join forces with me in my noble goal, I have brought a gift of sorts to act as payment. The demon Lord has something precious in her possession. Something I think will be very useful to you."

Now the old guy went and said something interesting, but I can't show too much enthusiasm.

"Eh? And how would you know what would be useful to me?"