Short story: The bane of history 12.

A feeling of fear and desperateness overtook me as I blocked the incoming blow, immediately pivoting to the side to redirect the full brunt of the blow, the woman who had attacked me couldn't follow up immediately as she was wary of Rimuru who was right behind her.

She seemed to be able to observe both of us at once, parallel processing?

'Does she have that type of skill? She will be a troublesome opponent, but this is good, after all I have an advantage...'

I stepped into striking range, swinging my sword with full intent to kill.

'I know exactly who Rimuru is, that means......'

BOOM

'I can use him to my advantage!"

As I expected, she had taken distance instead of blocking, not wishing to end up in a lock while an unchecked opponent was still at large. My strike had shattered the ground where she stood, the building housing the office quaked under the stress, a little more force and it would have collapsed.

"I'm not going to join, by all means...go all out."

Rimuru really had to say that huh...but it doesn't change anything. No sane person would believe the words of an enemy.

"HUH?!"

A crazed exclamation escaped me as I dodged the spiritron infused lance that had been released with almost no preparation time by the black haired woman.

She wasted no time and was already dashing towards me, sword in hand.

'A distraction!' I raised my sword and blocked her vertical downward slash, the sheer power behind the attack sending me through the floor and into the floor beneath us, parts of the huge building were already collapsing with no hint of stopping in sight.

"Should probably protect the people in this place...." I heard Rimuru mutter as I tried to regain my balance mid air.

'Why?! Why did she believe him?!'

The look on her face clearly depicted her absence of wariness, she fully believed that her only current enemy was me, and she was not holding back.

I landed feet first on the ground and immediately rolled, dodging the flying thrust that pierced into where I just was, rays of bright light spewed through the cracks her attack created in the ground, expanding into an explosion that erased what it touched from existence without any resistance.

'What's with this ridiculous spiritron mastery!? Is she a hero!?' My mind raced as I got up and began to run at full speed, the lady hot on my trails, shooting small but precise beams of spiritrons at me without pause.

Taking advantage of the crumbling building, I twisted and turned, flipping over the wreckage, using them as cover.

Alas, with the existence erasing nature of spiritrons, the amount of cover I could utilize was steadily shrinking. I had to do something soon.

Fighting her head on is stupid, she has more raw power but I can tell our sword skills aren't that much far apart.

A confrontation with these factors would undoubtedly end in my loss.

Then what can I do..?

As I ran I summoned a superior spirit of sky, I intended to use it as defense while I collected my thoughts.

I excelled in spirit magic, it is arguably my most powerful tool in battle.

The spirit began working immediately, it opened immaculate pathways through space. Banishing all the spiritron projectiles to some far away and unknown dimension. The spirit wrapped itself around me like armor, activating its spatial authority with every inch of its spiritual body.