Preview --- Jobless Reincarnation: The Anomaly.

Everything was vague, dark.

It was the same situation as my “Sleep mode” which activated after I named too many monsters, but the circumstances surrounding it made it feel…scary.

I yearned for someone, anyone. I would do anything just to hear the familiar voices of my friends.

I would even be fine with Gabiru’s boasting.

But that was wishful thinking.

Here, now…I am alone.

Alone in this dark, obscure state of consciousness.

What went wrong?

When did everything become so bad?

I couldn't tell, and that frustrated me.

Everything I had ever done, everything I stood for, now meaningless in the face of this despair.

I guess I was arrogant….

It was a new world, and yet I thought I would be fine even with my flimsy ideals.

“Don't attack humans.” What a piece of crap.

Even humans attack humans, the despicable creatures that they are.

I am the only one to blame for this, and yet everyone that depended on me is facing the consequences…

And I'm not even there to help them!

This is so frustrating…all I can do is internally complain…I don't even have control of my body..

I guess this is my end…

‘Fine then, dying is the least I can do…’ Was all I thought as I succumbed to darkness eating away at my consciousness.

.
.

Hard…

That was the first thing that came to mind as I felt the unyielding and rough sensation on my back. Like I was lying on a patch of shattered ground.

But wait.

How can I feel things..?

Magic Sense came online as I finally got insight into my surroundings.

It was nearing nighttime and the world around me seemed devastated.

I was lying in a large crater, the vast flat area around me contaminated by dust and debris, like some major disaster had struck the place.

Where am I?

Why am I?

“Hm?” There was someone else in the crater with me, lying flat on its face.

..or maybe not an it…analysis revealed that it was a human.

Female, teenager. Her black hair was caked with dust and she was clad in a very familiar piece of clothing.

Wait. Analysis told me?

Sage? I tentatively called out in my mind, fully expecting the mechanical voice that had accompanied me since reincarnation.

But it was silent.

Horrifyingly so.

No….not you too…

The skill was still there, but now, it was ordinary…hollow.

Empty.

Great Sage, was just a skill.

My mind blanked as all the control I passively placed on my aura disappeared.

“WHY!?” I struck the ground with all my strength, completely disregarding the increase in the crafter's size.

“EVERYTHING! GONE! WAS….was I so wrong..?”

Is this suffering my fault?

In my haze of emotion, I didn't notice that someone had gotten close to me, before they spoke.

“...who are you?” I looked up to meet golden slit eyes that reminded me of Veldora.

He had a gruff voice that carried no warmth whatsoever, he stood there, silver hair fluttering under the influence of my aura, pointing a straight sword at my throat.

But his question…

Who am I?

Well, I definitely know that…I also know what I'm not.. anymore, at least.

I drew my aura back in as I stood and made eye contact with the man, analysing every inch of him.

Dragon-Human hybrid huh…there's something else too..

“Answer, or die now.” He said, and I could tell he wasn't bluffing.

But does he have what it takes?

“Rimuru Tempest. Who are you?” I decided to answer him after all.

“Dragon God Orsted. Are you the cause of this disaster?” His face tried to hide it, but I could tell he was a bit surprised by my attitude.

Why?

“I don't know.”

And I don't care.

The sefl proclaimed Dragon God shifted his glance to the other person in the crater with us.

He walked over to her, sheathing his sword.

Then he grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her over, finally giving me a look at her face.

Wait….this is..?

She's Japanese…her familiar clothes was a school uniform.

An otherworlder.

What the hell is happening here?

How did I end up here? In a place with completely different natural laws from what I recognised.

In a crater at the centre of some disaster.

With a mysterious otherworlder.

Orsted lifted the girl in a princess carry then turned to me.

“Follow me.” Was all he said before walking away.

I still don't get why he didn't attack me, or who he even is

But I do understand one thing…

I was here.

I was alive.

And I was alone.

Even for my failure…isn't this too cruel..?

.
.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm using this version of Rimuru

In case it wasn't clear, I'm using this version of Rimuru. Denon Lord seed.

This is a preview for a Jobless Reincarnation crossover I'm gonna do. It's gonna be in a book of its own, not this one and I hope you guys will read it when it eventually comes in.

As it's a preview, it's very short but should at least give you guys a general idea of what to expect (more like a teaser then?)

Anyway, please tell me what you think about this, feedback is mandatory!