Capitolo 10

"Thanks for letting me stay the night," Ginevra said walking into Chiara's room.

"No worries. You haven't stayed the night in a while anyway," Chiara said.

"Yeah. I've been spending a lot more time at home with my dad," Ginevra said. Her dad had been doing a lot better lately. She didn't know if it was because he had stuff going on at work that needed his focus or because he was trying to get better. Whatever it was, she wasn't complaining.

"Well I haven't exactly been around as much either," Chiara admitted, "I've been getting to know Ludovica."

Givevra sent her friend a smile. A lot of people at school looked down on Ludovica after Brando released that video of her. Ginevra never thought badly about the girl because of it. After all, Brando had probably talked her into making the video. "She's really nice," Chiara added.

"That's great. She always seemed like a nice girl," Ginevra smiled.

"You should hang out with us sometime," Chiara added, "I think you two would get along great."

"I'd like that," Ginevra said.

"I'm gonna go make sure my mom knows we're home," Chiara said getting up off the bed. Ginevra nodded her head letting her friend know she heard her. She pulled out her phone to scroll through social media. She clicked on stories and started watching them. Most of them were just full of dumb posts that people made throughout the school day.

When Niccolo's story popped up Ginevra couldn't help but smile. The two hadn't hung out since he kissed her a few days ago but that had been texting off and on. She knew it was wrong, but her heart was telling her it was right.

"What's going on between you two?" Chiara asked making the girl jump. She had been so focused on her phone that she didn't even hear her enter the room. Ginevra locked her phone throwing it onto the bed beside her.

"Between me at who?" Ginevra asked.

"You and Niccolo," Chiara said.

"Nothing," Ginevra said, "Why would you think something was going on between us?"

"Well first of all you were just smiling at your phone like an in-love teenage girl," Chiara said.

"I was not," Ginevra defended.

"And secondly, I got weird vibes from that night I found you guys in the kitchen," Chiara said, "Like I was interrupting something."

"There is nothing going on between Nicco and I," Ginevra said.

"Then you won't mind if I look at who's sent you about 3 texts since we started this conversation?" Chiara asked. Ginevra's eyes widened a little bit. She was so worried about defending herself that she hadn't even noticed her phone going off. She didn't know for certain that the texts were from Nicco, but she didn't know for sure they weren't.

Before she could open her mouth Chiara grabbed her phone and ran to the other side of the room. "Chiara!" Ginevra yelled jumping off the bed to run after her friend.

By the time she reached her, she could tell that it was already too late. Chiara was giving her the spill everything, now look. Ginevra grabbed her phone looking at the messages that were displayed on the screen.

Nicco
You looked nice today.

Not that you don't look nice
everyday!

You wanna come over tonight?
My parents and Cami are gonna
be gone.

Ginevra looked up to meet Chiara's stare. She knew these texts looked bad, and they were bad. What she and Nicco were doing was horrible.

"Don't give me that look Chiara," Ginevra sighed.

"I'll stop giving you this look when you tell me what's going on," Chiara said. Ginevra put her hands to her face, rubbing her eyes. She knew there was no way out of it, she had to tell Chiara everything. So that's exactly what she did, starting from the night in the kitchen all the way up to the text Chiara had read on her phone.

"You slept with Niccolo?" Chiara asked.

"Please don't say it like that," Ginevra said, hearing a hint of judgment in her friend's voice.

"You realize he is dating Virginia," Chiara said.

"Yes," Ginevra cringed.

"And not to mention the fact that he's our best friend's older brother," Chiara said.

"Can you stop reminding me of things I already know?" Ginevra huffed, "I fucked up. I know I did."

Ginevra felt a tear run down her face. She didn't think she'd ever cried this much in her whole life, apart from right after her mom passed.

"Hey," Chiara said pulling her friend into a hug, "It's okay. It's all right."

"It's not all right. I slept with a boy who has a girlfriend," Ginevra cried, "Not to mention Cami will hate me if she ever finds out."

"She might be more understanding than you think," Chiara said, "But that's only if it comes from you. It's going to be worse if she has to hear it from someone else."

"I know. I'm just scared to tell her," Ginevra admitted, "You guys are all that I have. I don't want to lose either of you."

"You're not going to lose us," Chiara said.

"You don't know that. Cami may never want to be friends with me again after I tell her," Ginevra said.

"Well you'll always have me," Chiara assured, rubbing her friend's back.

"You don't know how relieved I am to tell someone," Ginevra said, "I've been keeping this to myself for over a week."

"You can always come to me, no matter what," Chiara said.

"Now I just need to figure out when to tell Cami," Ginevra said.

"I think the sooner the better," Chiara said. Ginevra knew she was right. The fear of losing Cami had stopped her from telling her, but maybe not telling her would make it worse. She didn't want to lose their friendship, but she needed to tell her the truth.

PLEASE READ!

Hey guys, first of all, I want to say thank you so much for reading my story!

I also wanted to let you know that I have a lot going on right now and I'm pretty stressed. With that being said, the updates on this story might slow down for a little bit.

But this story is far from over. I love writing about Ginevra and Niccolo and have big plans for this story. Thank you in advance for your patience and thank you for your support 💛
~A