Familiar Faces

As I feel my body's weight shifting, I gradually wake up to the sensation of dirt along my skin. "You're...actually dragging me." I comment to Requis.

Upon her noticing my consciousness, her decision is to drop whatever part of me she was holding, "WHAT DID YOU WANT ME TO DO!?" She drops my head onto the dirt.

"But you drag me by the head!?" I yell, rubbing the pain while forcing myself to stand.

"We're almost there, walk." She whips her hair away with an attitude as if I'm the one at fault here.

"And what if I can't walk?" I ask, unable to get her attention however.

"Requis." I ask. Beginning to realise she's simply ignoring me,"Requis". I slowly start to follow her. "Requis". "Requis." I continue, only pausing once she leans down to pick something up.

"Requ-" I cut myself off to duck, just barely avoiding a rock with clear intent to do nothing less than kill me.

Her stern look giving all the answers I need, "So we're not there yet?" I ignore the threatening glare.

"ORACION!" She shouts.

"Hi, need me for something?" I smile.

"How old are you!?"

"22, same as you" I respond.

Her eyes squint as if trying to see through me, "Yeah I'm gonna need you to shut the fuck up, respectfully." She spins on her heel, speeding up knowing damn well I can barely keep up as is. "You know whether we're there or not, you in fact, live there."

"Ohhhh, yeah" I playfully admit, catching her side eye to me just before speeding up yet again.

"Dumbass" She whispers under her breath.

-

We approach the large open wooden gate to the entrance of our town, seeing a group of people gathering in a horde along the stone pathing that's paved throughout the town.

"You made it!" Akira, a man within my group calls out, seemingly trying to hide a mark on his face from being beat up out there. Bringing the other 4 with him in order to group around me and Requis.

"How come you took so long?" Another one questions while holding arms to shoulders with the others, attempting to surround me like a hurdle but I swerve out with the energy I have left.

Akira speaks again, "I-" but nothing left his mouth besides a jolt of spit and possibly even a tooth from Requis' slap.

"So you were just going to leave him?" She asks him calmly, gesturing towards me.

"I knew he was alive." He says with confidence, fixing his face before looking towards me with anger now.

"Barely." She spits by his feet, "Go talk to Aeron, he needs another sword as usual." She shoos them off towards my brother's blacksmith before helping me walk, letting me lean on her shoulder.

"You didn't need to do that" I state.

"I did. Because you weren't going to do it yourself, were you?" She tries to look at me in the eyes but I look away.

"Eventually" I answer, clearly not satisfying her as she thumps my arm, mimicking a hard throb in my muscle that hurts to all hell.

"Plus if I didn't, my sister would kill me. Wouldn't she?" She changes the topic, changing her anger to a smile.

"That's...a good point, but I'm sure even Freya wouldn't of slapped him." I begin to imagine fake scenarios in my own head, causing myself to smile a bit.