Obvious Obliviousness

Oracion's POV

"Leave." Eragon suggests, making me look back at the escape into the snowy landscape.

"Eragon why is he here?" Ira asks, almost completely ignoring me.

'I could leave' I think to myself. 'I could take Ira and be ridden of this place.' I keep looking back at him, thinking how easy it would be to convince him.

"0808, why are you hesitating? There's a free escape right there just for you." He suggests again.

I place a step past Ira, only to have his arm stop me. "No." He simply states. "Eragon, why is he here." Ira asks him but I'm only interested in getting us two out.

Trying to use my strength, I push against Ira's arm in an attempt to overpower him in some way.

Eragon's voice gets louder as he speaks over Ira entirely, "Y'know, that sword of yours was a real problem for us." He laughs. "I had to get Ira to carry it for me just before he turned. A sword that absorbs light? Who could even make something like that." His laughs get deeper, more honest and true to his nature.

"A-" I try to speak but something bugs me. 'Ira gave me the blood.' The thought crosses my mind. 'Before Ira turned.' I think again, stepping back and trailing my eyes along Ira's body. My brain finally piecing it all together, 'Ira isn't human anymore.'

"0808." Ira tries to speak to me.

But the voice within my head is loud...far too loud. 'The sun, can he even leave anymore?' I ask myself.

"0808." Noah calls.

'What does he do to live? Feed off of Requis for the rest of her life?' I feel myself drowning.

"0808." Eragon laughs.

'Requis...doesn't know.' I look back at him one last time, taking the chance and walking closer to him. "We can leave Ira, look...outside." I point past him but he doesn't even bother looking. "Outside?" I point again, trying to move past him. "Let's go." I tug on his cloak but he again, places an arm out to stop me. Going as far as to turn my back to his chest, holding me firmly against him to stop me from falling to my knees as I watch Eragon and Noah.

-

"Haha alright, I'm done now!" He claps before turning his back to me and flicking his wrist out towards Noah. Take him back.

"D-...Eragon..." He hesitates.

Eragon pauses.

Amongst this all, I can't help but feel something.

A crater seemingly forms before any sort of movement comes out. Ending in Noah being punched into the ground in one quick motion. Crushing his teeth and knocking him unconscious.

Something so deeply in-graved in me that I can't reach it on my own.

Eragon wipes his knuckle to clear off the blood, blowing away the red mist coming off of it. "Ira, you take 0808." He corrects himself.

Something so primal it feels like it was here long before I was.

"Alright." Ira simply nods.

It's almost as if...this wasn't my body to begin with.

-

Ira's POV

"Alright." I nod, preparing to undo my grip on Oracion but there's something that's bothering me. A scent I can't pinpoint, a crackling sound like cinders popping from flames.

"It feels like...I can do...anything." Oracion whispers, placing a hand along my arm. "I...promised." He continues. Applying more pressure than before, more force than when he was trying to escape.