For Love

Oracion's POV

Each day I wake up with my wounds barely closed or finding new ones formed along my skin. Every night I toss and turn my bruises along this stone, digging in dirt and rubble further into my blood. And every possible hour I use the light of the moon to read Xandier's book.

"I know not the reason for why it's coming to me in pieces...but what I do know is that they weren't here." I read out loud to myself.

"What do you think that means?" Aeron's voice begins to think for me as if he was in the room alongside me.

"He's using 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 as some anonymous thing for someone, so who knows." I give up already, not wanting to bother with that line.

Aeron kisses his teeth, just his foot barely in my vision but even without looking at his face I know he's smiling, "They don't know who they are, they don't even know that they're doing it-"

"Thoughts?" Aeron interrupts me.

"Shut up I'm not even finished." I silence him, "Someone who has no right to be, they who shouldn't be, but is. Always there without a how or why, never questioned but always answered. That is the Regulator."

A silence falls in the room as I wait for him to speak, "You can say it now." I tell him.

His chest releases air as if he's been holding his breath the entire time, "Thoughts?" He repeats from earlier.

I sigh at his childishness before answering, "Someone who has no right to be." I repeat.

"Yeah but who is it?" He interrupts again.

"You have no right to be such an intrusive bitch in this moment, let me speak." I argue.

"My bad." He responds with a hint of guilt.

"Someone...-wait do you think he's saying 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 in order to be cryptic or does he literally mean multiple." I conclude.

"Well damn, you've just made a fucky wucky, opened up a rabbit hole and swan dove in, huh Alice?" He giggles to himself.

I stand up to go hit him, "Shut-" I raise my hand but a knock at my door alerts me.

"Oracion...who are you talking to?" Clementine asks.

I look around the room with my raised arm, noticing the outline of his body and the trace of emerald eyes have already left the space, leaving me alone once again.

"Nobody, why are you here?" I ask as it's unusual for her.

"It's...my dad. I heard him." She informs me.

She said her mother and father got taken into the castle a while ago and judging by her voice, she's not been here long. "Where was he?"

"It was one of these rooms, not too far from you but it's in a place I'm sure you haven't been to before." She sounds discouraged.

I told her I'd help to see if I could possibly find him while I was dragged along but asking to go out of my routine..."Please." She begs. I look around my room, inhaling the cold air and in all honesty regretting even talking to her. "I-can help." She offers.

"I-" I attempt to speak but someone announces themselves first.

"Clementine, why are you here?" A guard comes just barely out the view of the door.

"Did Eragon send you down here!?" She yells at him.

"I'm going to have some fun with him while Noah's out, that okay?" He asks her, audibly shoving past her and seemingly muffling her next words. "Take her away from here, I'm not sure why this animal thinks he's worthy enough to speak to her." He orders another vampire.