Darkened Clockwork

Oracion's POV

"Oracion." Ira announces out loud, trying to get my attention.

As I look up from the piece of metal, I can't help but shudder at the sheer amount of strength that emanates from it, shaking the very bones in my hand as he repeats the name. "Oracion?"

"Come" He quickly reaches for my hand, trying to pull me to wherever it is whilst keeping his hand under the cloak. "Do you see it?" He pulls harder, trying to get me to face forward but I still can't quite get over that sensation running through me.

The only thing pulling me away from that thought is the wheat whipping against my legs at the pace we're running at, earning my attention as I feel the lashes one by one pile up against my skin until eventually feeling my skull collide with...something.

I fall on my ass, not wanting to even get up in the first place as some tears try to form in my eyes from the sheer amount of shock that put me through. "I mean...I did say-"

"YOU DIDN'T!" I yell back at him before standing back on my two feet to glare daggers at his unapologetic look.

He instead points at something, a place where light's once again refracted but not at all obvious to me. He sighs, using one of his nails to cut open his skin across his wrist and splatting blood in the direction in front of us. The colour beginning to run down the stone as it enters each crack and slides in-between a now obvious slit in where two doors are meant to open. Looking up from below, I notice some birds beginning to nest upon the structure, something I wouldn't of thought twice at before.

"So...how do we open it?" He wonders out loud to me.

"This...?" I point to a small gap in the door, just barely big enough for an eye to fit into it.

"Let me take a look" He eagerly leans in first. "It looks kind of dark? There's some li-" His words stop for some reason. "Oracion my eye won't come out." He deadpans as I watch his helpless pushes try to pull him from the door.

I grab onto him, trying to release him from the door as well without ripping his body in half. "Oracion something's coming." His words are chilling me to the core as I feel his fear.

"ORA-" His words are cut off by the door's rock crumbling off of it. He stands up from his leaning position as I go to circle around to him.

"Ira..." I reach out to his face as he instinctively covers one side of his face, blood dripping down his palm as he lets go and finally shows me.

The socket of where his eye once was, completely open and susceptible to the wind. The once hollow space however, being coagulated by blood as he focuses all his attention to it in an attempt to heal it quicker. "I'll be fine...but where is that fucker." He spits onto the ground before we enter the darkened space.

Each brick placed with care and each torch placed with meaning as the hallway gets brighter the deeper we traverse in. All of a sudden, an eye appears in front of us. Far too low to the ground to be anything human but most certainly something close to one as it examines us for any sort of hostility.

"Aww-" Ira raises his foot to stomp on it but another eye appears eye level with him, and another, another, another and another. Until the sudden wall of darkness is entirely filled with eyes that simply stare back at us.

The last one to appear is none other than the blood swirled one owned by Ira, positioned along with the others as it blinks back at him. He quickly grabs hold of it, crushing it with his bare hand while healing his own eye back and causing the darkness to shift backwards and make way for us.

It reveals a space worthy of only a new world as the way back from where we came was apparently slanted, showing we've at some point gone underground. Blue electricity runs through the walls and floor as it powers a giant spinning circle along the ground that connects to each different level spiralling downward into nothingness.