Requiem To One's Soul

Oracion's POV

"Hey!" I try to call to the figure after quickly picking up the amulet.

She hurriedly puts on a hood, covering her luminous green hair and walking away from me without a further glance.

"I know you can hear me!" I shout, trying desperately to get her attention as her white dress glides along the air behind her. This began with me wanting to return the necklace, but...the forest is making way for her. Whether she's doing it intentionally or not, I thank her for it.

We both turn into what seems to be grove, ducking under the short entrance and crawling forward through the light ridden twigs and leaves. After a gruelling time on my hands and knees, I feel the air hit my neck, showing I'm on the other side. I look up, seeing the figure standing there, again still not facing me.

She inhales, silencing the environment as if stealing the breath from everyone and every sound, "Return from where you came from".

My body turns stiff as my neck attempts to turn on its own, forcing me to gaze at the silently running river to the left of us. Her head turns slightly as if she's trying to check if I'm still here. "I don't know what species you are to be speaking this tongue so fluently, but I cannot let you be within the same space as me. Leave." She orders again, strengthening the control over my body but nonetheless I find myself still being able to resist it.

I take a step forward, startling her as she gasps, quickly jumping forward but still refusing to look at me. Her fingers bundle together into a fist as she digs her nails into her skin, "Please." She asks, returning the sound to the environment.

I take another step forward, becoming startled when her body flicks around to face me. Her pure white irises pierce me, freezing me in place with a simple glare. An expression I couldn't ever consider to be human. Her mouth opens, causing my ears to embrace a deafening ring as she speaks her next words.

I didn't hear what she said next, but I can feel my body wanting to react to her lips moving, it wants to fall, it wants to crumble...it wants to die.

Birds fall from the terraced wood pattern above us, the ground beneath her rots and the grape fruit vines curl up into black. Whatever she just said, it was something that nothing of this world could handle.

I notice her chest lower as she exhales, giving sound back to us. I try to croak out something but blood forces its way out of my mouth first. I hear her step back as I wipe my face and try to clear this empty feeling from my body, meeting eyes with her once again. "You...why are you outside the Veil." She comments.

"They've found me...haven't they?" She ponders to herself as I bash my chest, trying to gather air inside myself. "No, you are without a doubt, human." She eases her face of fear, walking towards me with sudden confidence but clear anxiety about something.

She extends her hand out to me, clicking behind my ear and waiting for a response as if to check something. "You're...not deaf?". Her eyes widen as she her body falls to the floor the inch I move a hand towards her.

"...it's...you." Her mouth shakes with worry and doubt. "I saw them, watching you. Only once. But once was enough for me to understand why they do it."

Confusion begins to settle in me, causing her face to ease more. "Oracion, that's you. Isn't it?". I offer her my hand which she accepts with hesitation, dropping the amulet into her hand which she apparently didn't expect.

"Human." She says again, completely bewildered. Eyeing me up and down as if trying to get a different angle on me to see in a different light.

"I-am, what abo-ut it?" I mutter, feeling my voice clear up.