A World So Nihilistic, My World.

Oracion's POV

The painted wall seemingly opens for Argus, gradually but surely pulling us back into the Boundless. "Get him." Eden calls out. Alerting the monster beside her as he drops to all fours, thundering his paws against the ground before jumping between the floating rocks in the air as he attempts to navigate the Eden's torn up terrain.

It ends in vain though as Argus fully submerges into it, leaving only half of me to view the monster's golden eyes one last time. His towering gaze...his toothy grin almost hinting to something in the future, like he knows what happens next.

I hold my breath as I go through, unsure of what could be between.

-

But I simply fall back through, landing on my hands and face inches from the ground. Mousai grabs me, instinctively hugging me but letting go when she realises what she did. "Sorry, Argus told us to wait here for you and continue thinking of you so that the way would stay open."

I look up to see Ira and her, one clearly more happier than the other that I returned. I stand up nearly tripping over some sort of thick scale that lays along the floor, quite a few of them now that I truthfully acknowledge them within the Boundless. I hand her the necklace that Eden took. "Who was that?" She asks.

Argus remains silent, clearly not wanting to get into it anymore. "A friend? I think?" I answer, still not entirely sure.

"Of course someone that knows you, because who doesn't?" Ira comments, something that I'm actively choosing to ignore as I'm reminded of our conversation before I followed Eden in.

I walk ahead of them all, wanting more than ever to just get home now. But I'm stopped, not by something in front of me. But instead something behind me.

"Don't do this." I tell Ira, knowing he's the one grabbing Eragon's head.

"If I don't, then I'll have nothing." He explains.

"You'll have me, Requis...Freya."

"Things you have? Things we share? I finally have something I can call my own, someone to teach me how to use it and you're just trying to take it from me? Just so we can go back to our day in and day out? Fuck. You." He spits across my eye. "I wasn't born with anything besides the mistake of humanity, but now that I am something, I refuse to let it go just like that." He snatches Eragon's head from me as Mousai discretely moves to my side.

My breath steadily increases as anyone who was looking could tell I'm losing my patience, luckily for me. Ira was no longer facing me. "I'm going back to 𝘮𝘺 castle." The words themselves causing the Boundless to force a visual wall between us as Argus remains on his side, whether it be intentional or not.

Call me selfish, call me evil, call me whatever you want because I know I'm anything but a hero. But the next thing I did, felt like nothing less than pure satisfaction for me. As I acknowledged this to be the last time I see my best friend's face, I charge at him. The world feeling still as his body oh so slowly reacts to mine, his face full of fear and his hidden tears beginning to fall to the ground, something so subtle it changed my intent from kill to preserve.

Slicing his arm off and watching as Eragon's head is thrown back to our side. His eyes, shocked and wide as he holds his severed limb in pure and utter rage. "It's you. It's always been you, hasn't it?"

"What?" I ask in disgust.

"You don't even realise you're doing it. But here you are, doing everything in your power to make sure you get what you want, to get what 𝘖𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘯 wants." He glares at me, splattering his blood across the now physical wall in the Boundless as our goals divide in life.